- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
Facial Mask DIY - Quick and Easy Cleansing Facial Mask Recipes
There are some really quick and easy face masks you can create yourself.
The great thing is that most of them are homemade DIY remedies so all you need are the contents of your kitchen to produce these facial treatments. They incorporate . You don't need any appointment or exotic beautician. Simply pamper yourself in your own home. fruits, honey, milk and other wholesome healthy ingredients
As a general guide, all the facial mask recipes in this article should be left on the face for 10 - 20 minutes only. Avoid the eye area as the skin there is thin and fragile, and the mask may get into the eye.
Wash the mask off with lots of warm water. An alternative to that is to put a wash cloth or face towel in running hot water and use it to wipe off the mask. Rinse the cloth thoroughly in hot water before you use it.
All the recipes, guides and tips on facial mask DIY, how to make and use face cleansing mask at home are outlined below.
Facial Mask DIY
Getting the most out of your Homemade Facial Mask
To get the most out of these quick and easy facial masks consider incorporating the following
- Use a facial scrub before the treatment.This will remove dead cells and invigorate the skin. Don't scrub vigorously especially if you intend to use a fruit based facial mask.
- Investing in a good home facial sauna system will help make your facial mask more effective. Use the sauna then apply the mask. This way your pores are open and can easily absorb the ingredients.
- After the facial mask DIY, with or without a sauna, moisturize your face.
Facial Mask DIY help
This sauna home system gently heats the face and opens the pores so that the contents of your quick and easy facial mask can sink in. An excellent bargain.
Cleansing Facial Mask Recipes
For oily skin, try the following masks
1. Yogurt and Yeast Facial mask
- 2 Tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon of Yeast (Brewers yeast)
Mix the two in a bowl and apply, leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse off.
2. Oatmeal Cleansing Facial mask
This is one of the most effective masks for oily skin. I use it at least once a month for best results. It has a very soothing effect. As I lie quietly with it on my face, I like to imagine I am following in the fashion footsteps of Cleopatra.
- 2 tablespoons of Oatmeal ( either cooked and cooled, or soaked for 5 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
Spread it all over, allow it to sink in and rinse off thoroughly. Adding fruits to this facial mask recipe is excellent for oily skin as the fruit acids help dry and exfoliate the skin.
Best Homemade Facial Masks
What have you found to be the most useful constituent of facial masks?
3. Honey and Milk Facial Mask
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon oil ( Avocado or olive oil is excellent)
- Some fruit - apples, pineapples...(two small pieces) or
- 1 teaspoon Aloe vera gel
If your skin is really oily, you can skip the oil and increase the fruit. The acids in fruit dry and tone the skin.
Blend the fruit and combine with the other ingredients.
4. Simple Fruit Mask
This is by far the best of the quick and easy cleansing facial masks.
Simply grab a fruit (apple, pineapple,papaya) cut of a slice and rub all over the face. Sit back and slowly eat the rest of the fruit. Then rinse off the mask.
The acids in the fruit help remove debris and dead cells, clearing up your face.
Treatments for Dry skin
5. Avocado and Olive oil nourishing facial mask
This mask works well with dry skin. You can use once in a while in winter or any dry weather condition even if you have oily skin.
- Slice of Avocado fruit (about a quarter of the fruit)
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
Mix in a small bowl, apply and rinse off after 15 minutes. Facial masks for dry skin should always be followed by deep moisturizing.
6 Yogurt and Citrus Facial Mask
Any citrus fruit goes well with yogurt. Use lemon and lime if your skin is oily. Oranges and tangerines can be substituted for dry skin. The yogurt should be plain. Citrus, especially lemon helps in brightening the skin including dark spots
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed citrus juice
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
What do Facial Masks do?
Face mask play vital role in maintaining a glowing face. Any guide to clear clogged pores or deep cleansing of the skin is not complete without them.
When you go for a professional facial at a salon, the mask is the treatment session, where impurities are drawn out, facial pores cleansed and the skin rehydrated.
There are three basic types of mask benefits, but the three effects could be gotten in one mask with a careful attention to ingredients.
- Calming and soothing
- Break a capsule of Vitamin E into your mask for brightening and deep nourishing
- Lemon juice brightens dark spots and is preferable to Vitamin E if you have oily skin.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg are anti - inflammatory and will help reduce swellings
Why you should try these quick and easy cleansing facial masks
A facial mask helps nourish the face. Most scrubs or other cleansers dry out the skin. A mask helps nourish it as well as continuing the treatment started by cleansing.
As a general rule oats, honey and milk soothe the skin. Fruits cleanse and break down cells. Oils nourish and rejuvenate.
So try out these easy homemade facial mask recipes and tell us how it went.