Replace Your Expensive Hair Care Products With These Natural Do It Yourself Recipes.
Switch to these amazing hair care DIY and save money.
Hair enhances your face and people invest a lot for their hair. But the question is can you keep your hair healthy by investing a minimal amount of money?
Off-course! you can. Many DIYs will make your hair healthy, beautiful and at the same time save your money. In this lockdown, People are trying different DIYs to cut their expenses and so am I. I have tried many hair care DIYs and will share the most budget-friendly hair care DIYs amongst all. At the same time, these DIYs are very helpful for your hair.
1. Shampoo -Multani Mitti(Fuller's Earth)
Multani Mitti(Fuller's Earth)
Multani Mitti (Fuller's Earth) is high in minerals, especially aluminum magnesium silicate, chloride, which helps in treating dry, oily, dandruff, and split ends.
Within 0.5$ to 2$
- Weak hair
- Lifeless hair
- Oily and greasy hair
- Removes impurities and dead skin cells.
- Cleans your hair without drying out the natural oils from your hair.
- It helps in oil control.
How to prepare:
- Take 2 tablespoons of fuller's earth in a bowl.
- Simply add water to it until you get a fine paste.
- You can also add curd to it but since I am using the minimal ingredients, I will not use curd.
- Make a thin paste so that you can apply easily.
- Your DIY shampoo is ready.
How to Apply:
- Partition your hair and spray water on your hair and scalp. This allows the proper application of the shampoo.
- Apply the DIY shampoo thoroughly on your scalp and hair.
- Massage it for two minutes and wash it off with normal water.
Use Coconut oil for oiling your hair as it is the cheapest and best hair oil.
2. Conditioner( Aloe vera or Coconut Oil)
Aloe vera or Coconut Oil:
Pure Aloe vera Extract is a bundle of more than 75 nutrients- Minerals, Vitamins, along with Amino Acids. Coconut oil is rich in Vitamin E.
These are easily available in your house if not you only have to spend 0.5$ - 3$.
All hair types.
- Nourishes hair.
- Adds luster to your hair.
- keeps hair healthy.
- It makes your hair manageable and hassle-free.
How to Apply:
- After using the DIY shampoo, do use this conditioner.
- Take a tablespoon of aloe vera gel or 2 drops of coconut oil on your palm.
- Rub it on your palm and dab it on the lower ends of your hair. Don't put it on your scalp or else your hair will become greasy.
- Leave it for five minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water.
3. Hair Mist(Rose Water)
Fall in love with the fragrance of your hair by using this Rose Water hair mist.
Roses are known for their beautiful essence. Rosewater also has anti-inflammatory properties.
You only need a rose and purified water Which means you don't have to spend a single penny for this.
- Reduces dandruff.
- It provides a pleasant essence to your hair.
- Nourishes your hair.
How to prepare:
- Just take half a cup of water and 8 to 10 rose petals.
- Allow the rose petals to soak in the water overnight.
- Next day, strain the water in a spray bottle.
- Your DIY hair mist is ready.
How to Apply;
- Spray on dry hair for 2 to 3 times.
- Don't spray more than that or else you will weigh your hair down.
- Let it dry and you are ready to go.
For the DIY hair mask, check my article with detailed information at this link.
- Budget-Friendly Do It Yourself( Diy) Fenugreek Hair Mask During Lockdown.
In this lockdown, try to keep your hair healthy with fenugreek DIY hair mask.
Things to keep in mind.
1. All the ingredients are taken according to my hair length(i.e till shoulder length).
Change the proportions accordingly.
2. Please apply the conditioner after using Multani mitti shampoo as it tends to make your hair dry.
3. These are not recommended to colored hair.
4. If your hair is too dry, do mix curd with the Multani mitti shampoo.
Please try these DIYs and share your experience with me. I really wanted to share these with you because I want everyone to save money and help others in need. At the same time, all these DIYs are 100% natural and chemical-free which is really good for your hair.
I hope you liked my article. Do follow me for more DIYs.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Shilpi Ghosal