- Fashion and Beauty»
- Bath, Shower & Spa Treatments & Products
Salt Body Scrub
Bathing and showering are an important part of health and wellbeing. Not only for keeping our body clean but for the added relaxation that involves a long soak in the bath or an invigorating shower. You can treat yourself with pampering items from a huge range of products available, yet one of the simpler and best exfoliants is simple salt.
This is a gentler version of a treatment found in many European Spas and it is guarantee to start your day with a boost of energy.
Coarse salt scrubs are good for removing dead skin and are the ideal treatment for skin detoxification.
Salt And Essential Oils For A Good Detox
Top Six Essential Oils
Benefits Of A Salt Scrub
- A scrub clears the pores and takes away dead skin cells so that your skin is fresher and smoother.
- It promotes cell renewal.
- It makes your skin tingle and glow with energy.
- It stimulates the circulation and the elimination of toxins.
- Balances the skin oil production.
Preparing A Salt Scrub
For a body scrub, you should use coarse salt rather than fine salt which is suitable only for the face. You can apply the salt directly to your body in handfuls if you are in a hurry, but it is easier to work if you mix it into a paste with virgin olive or sesame oil. This will have the added advantage of nourishing your skin. You will need a handful of coarse salt and two tablespoons of oil.
If you prefer to aromatize your salt scrub you can also use aromatherapy essential oils. A drop of rose or lavender oil will add a nice smell to your scrub.
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and take this with you into the bathroom. Before starting, make sure that you have everything ready: a warm bath, hot clean towels, a warm bathrobe.
3 DIYS Exfoliating & Moisturizing Salt Coconut StrawBerry Body Scrub Plus 2 More Recipes
After a salt scrub has been applied and washed off, apply a rich, moisturizing body butter, oil or cream to replenish the skin’s moisture.
How To Body Scrub
- Stand under a warm shower for a couple of minutes and make sure your whole body is wet.
- Step out of the water, scoop some of the scrub mixture into your hand and starting from your feet, massage it well into your skin using circular movements.
- Use circular movements all the way up your body. Pay particular attention to cellulite forming areas like thighs and bottom.
- Finally, after doing your back and tummy, do your arms, and hands.
- Step back into the shower and massage the scrub into your skin under the water until it has been washed off.
- If you can, turn the hot water off and have a splash of cold water.
- Wrap up in a warm towel and dry yourself.
- Put on a dressing gown and lie down for a couple of minutes before you start dressing.
You should feel a tingle all over your body and feel energized from head to toe.
Benefits Of A Cold Shower:
Having a cold shower has a remarkable effect on the circulation. Apart from widening the arteries and increasing circulation, a cold shower also boosts the body’s production of white blood cells, destroying circulating toxins. A cold shower also increases your metabolism so you can burn calories more quickly and feel more energetic.
Massage For Cellulite
Massaging areas of cellulite once or twice a day will improve circulation and minimize the appearance of hard fatty lumps. You can easily do this at home in front of a mirror to ensure that you treat all the areas needed. Massage firmly but not so hard that you hurt or bruise yourself. Apply a moisturizing cream or oil so the massage goes smoothly and there is no friction which would cause broken thread veins.