Sensual 1950s Come-back for 2008
We all know that fashion is constantly changing and not too late after we have just managed to find the perfect fitting boots... they are already old news and we are looking for something else. At least I was! Thankfully, for my husband and banker's sake I recently discovered vintage fashion. And surprisingly enough as the past continues to be the inspiration for the future, the styles and trends you will see in 2008 will inevitably reflect modern interpretations of the past, specifically the 50s.
As a matter of fact, the 50s comeback has already started before 2008. Hollywood stars have been wearing vintage 50s for a while now. Look at pictures of Jennifer Lopez or recently the Spice girls at the Victoria Secret's show.
Reese Witherspoon In Vintage Christian Dior from the 1950s.
Last year at the Oscar's ceremony, Reese Witherspoon, wore a vintage Christian Dior from the 1950s. She bought the dress at a vintage shop in Paris and had her own people bringing the dress up in form. She looked ravishing at the Oscar's. when she received the Best Actress prize for her character in WALK THE LINE.
Reese Witherspoon wearing vintage Christian Dior from the 1950s.
The End Of Low-rise Jeans And Butt-hanging-out
But it is not only fancy dresses that are 50s inspired. Items such as high heeled pumps, slim skirts, large belts, and loose blouses are hot again. And just as well, the days of butt hanging out of low-rise jeans need to end once you pass the 30s and become a mom. You could not bend down to wipe your child's nose without showing a builder's cleft! not very elegant...
Basic items for 2008
In the quest for trying to hide the pierced belly button and acquire a more sophisticated look, I have slowly built a wardrobe of basic items. Outfits that look good on curvy women and also are undated as you can mix and match the different items
So what will you need for a 2008 fashionable wardrobe? Here a few must items:
- At least one slim line skirt. There are different lengths. As I am not very tall I do prefer the above the knee style.
- Pencil style dresses. I bougth a brown one last season at Zara and it fitted so well that I went back and bougth another three in all the other colours available!
- A wide belt. Try to get one in a neutral colour and good material.
- Wrap blouses and dresses. I have lots of these ones. They are very easy to wear and easy to dress up or down according to your needs. As a bonus, they are easy to put on and off during a kinky date!
- A fitted jacket. Hourglass tailoring to show off curves.
- High heels. The higher the better for super long legs.
- Dresses with their own built-in bras, lightly corseted. I wore one of this ones for New Year. It actually gives you a superb-figure with no effort at all. As a bonus, corseted dresses force you to keep a good posture all night long.
- A corset or girdle. Yes... this is a must if you have been a mom! It will smooth your silhouette and hide all your sins. There are really beautiful ones for sale. I would recommend a made to measure corset or a vintage one as they have a better hold.
- If a corset is too much for you, you can always go for a beautiful shape and control that feels barely there. Discover the Barely There Comfortable Curves Indulgence Shaping Cami-
- Where to buy vintage clothing
Vintage is a style for fashion-nostalgic women. It represents a time period, a cultural expression of an era through fashion. Generally speaking, items from the early 1920s up to the mid-1970s classify as...
- Curvy Girl: How to look taller and slimmer
It is almost every woman's dream: to look taller and slimmer. To help you achieve this without having to sweat endless hours exercising or a lifetime dieting, you can follow the following tips.
- Are curvy women really back in fashion?
Are curvy women really back in fashion? After years of on-and-off dieting to try to keep to fashion standards, it looks like finally I can be happy with my rounded body. Finally I do not need to make...