Accessorizing Your Shoes with Clip Shoe Jewelry
Women and girls love to accessorize. One of the most versatile accessories often over-looked is shoe jewelry. Plain high-heel pumps, canvas tennis shoes and flip-flops can be easily transformed into a unique pair of shoes that you can be certain no one else has. With a variety of jewelry, bows, studs, and trinkets, you can create hundreds of styles with one single pair of shoes. How exciting is that? If you use clip-on earrings to create your bows you can easily switch them out.
My daughter is jazzing up a pair of black pumps to wear to this year's high school junior/senior prom. Pictured below are some of the items we purchased to jazz them up. You can catch items like these on sale at Hobby Lobby like we did. A few minutes with a hot glue gun and you will create bows that can easily be clipped onto the shoes either on the top of the foot, the side, or the back. Extra bows can be made to attach to a choker, as a wrist corsage, or attached to the waist or lapel of your outfit.
Ideas for Shoe Jewelry
There are lots of cute ideas for jazzing up your wardrobe by accessorizing your shoes. A few ideas are:
- Buy checkered gingham or denim bows to jazz up flip-flops and glue on cute little butterflies or ladybugs
- Buy sequined or glittery bows to create a glamorous movie-star look for proms, dances and receptions
- Buy plaid bows to create a preppy school girl look to wear on flats or heels
- Create a cute look for Easter by buying pretty pastel and lace bows. You can glue on bunnies, Easter eggs and baby chicks.
- Pick a bold color to draw attention to your shoes.
- For a more casual country look, take a piece of cotton fabric in a country print and tear off strips about one-half to one inch wide and about 3-4 inches long. Tie the strips to the straps of a pair of cheap flip-flops or sandals. Add as many strips as you like to achieve a "fluffy" look. Make sure the strips are not too long. You don't want to create a tripping hazard or a house shoe look by having too many.
- You can incorporate feathers into your bow for a fancy look. Don't overdo it or you'll end up looking like something you'd expect Zsa Zsa Gabor to wear with a fancy negligee.
- Polka dot fabric bows create a cute look that works both on casual and more professional looks.
- Heading to a race? Try black and white checkered fabric bows with white or black canvas tennis shoes or flip-flops.
- Patriotic fabric bows in red, white and blue make great additions to canvas tennis shoes, canvas flats and flip flops for those Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day picnics.
- For Halloween, you can get lots of orange and black bows and glue on ghosts, and pumpkins.
- For Christmas, you can get red and green bows and glue on Christmas ornaments, Santas and snowmen.
Don't be afraid to experiment with colors, textures and items that you glue on. You want people to be envious of your creation. You'll accomplish that by being yourself and creating something no one else has.
More Art-Related Hubs by KCC BIg Country
- Scrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook supplies (Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons) If you loved arts and crafts time back in elementary school then you'll love scrapbooking. Making scrapbooks can be a very relaxing and creative hobby. ...
- This Year's Hot Halloween Make-up Tutorials
Halloween is my favorite holiday. It's because it is the one day that your imagination is free to run wild. Anything goes. Well, almost. For as far back as I can remember, I've always marveled at really...
- Halloween Costume Ideas to Wear to Work
I've been fortunate to work for employers who enjoy giving back to the community and enjoy the fun of Halloween. One employer participated in hosting a trick-or-treating event...
- Homemade Valentines
Valentine (Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons) Buying Valentine's Day cards can be expensive if you want something really nice. If you're five years old and trying to buy Valentine's cards for your whole...