Simple Hair Braid
If you've never twisted a braid it can be confusing at first. Long hair braiding takes a little more time and coordination to braid simply because there's so much of it. There's a rhythm to it: right to the center, left to the center, right to the center, left to the center, etc. I will tell you how to create a simple hair braid with a video demonstrating the technique.
Basically you'll want the hair to be clean, so wash and condition the hair to be braided with your favorite product. Allow it to air dry or blow dry it but don't style it. A dab of mouse or hair gel can be helpful to hold the hair in place after the braid is done. A tough day can wreck havoc on a braid.
Have a band or ribbon on hand for when you are finished.
Brush out the hair your going to braid thoroughly. I use a comb sometimes that I am sure I've removed all the tangles. Today I'm using a brush with firm bristles like a comb. When your braiding if there are tangles in the hair it can make the process difficult and create more tangles trying to get the one out, so make sure you can easily put a comb through the hair before beginning.
- Pull all the hair back.
- Separate the hair into three (3) sections
3. You can start the braid with either the left side or the right, it doesn't matter, for this demonstration I will start with the right side. Take the right side section and pull it towards the left and lay it in between the center and the left section. It should now be the center section.
4. Now take the section on the left and move it towards the right and place it in between the center and the right section. It is now the center section.
5. Again, grasp the right section of hair and pull it to the left and set it between the center and the left section. It is now the center section.
Continue alternating sides like this until all of the hair is braided. Tie the end with either a clothe band or ribbon.
Avoid rubber bands because they tangle easily and they can be difficult to remove. They also can damage the ends of your hair causing split ends.
Ribbons and decorated hair bands make a beautiful addition!
Simple Hair Braid
- Microsoft SkyDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Web Apps.
Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.