Skin Brightening: Lemon or Lime Facial Mask
Lemon contains alpha-hydroxyl acids (AHA) that act as a natural exfoliator by removing the upper surface layer of the skin. The citric acid in lemon juice also creates a light bleaching effect that helps brighten up your skin. Here is a simple guide to make your own lemon mask at home.
- Lemon or lime
- Honey (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Mixer or spoon
- Cotton ball or cotton pad
Take a lemon and slice it in half. Only use half of the lemon for this mask.
Squeeze the juice from half of the lemon into the mixing bowl while adding in water with the same amount. (This helps dilute the mixture hence reducing the strength so it won't irritate your skin or get too sticky when you apply it to your face.)
Add in a tablespoon of honey in the ratio of 1:1 with the lemon juice. (This step is optional)
Use a spoon/mixer and stir the mixture thoroughly.
Take a piece of cotton ball, dip it in the mixture and apply it all over your face. Avoiding the eye area.
Wait for 15 minute or until the mask dries up and then rinse off with water.
- ONLY do this mask for 2-3 times a week, not more
- Do this only at night time
- Don't do this mask if you have sensitive skin
- If you happen to do this in the morning, don't go outside because your skin will become sensitive to the sun
- Moisturize after using this mask because this mask tend to makes your skin dry
Hope you find this hub informative and thank you for taking your time reading this. Good luck in trying out this mask, hope you get what you wanted. Finally, have a great day!