Body Brushing For Cellulite
Reduce Cellulite With Body Brushing
Believe it or not, but we can actually reduce the appearance of cellulite with a simple procedure called dry body brushing. For a list of foods that cause cellulite click here.
Our skin is the largest organ in our body and it plays a huge role in detoxifying, causing the skin to be nick-named the third kidney (the lungs being called the second kidney). To be precise the skin is responsible for ¼ of the body’s total detoxification every day. Toxins leave our body via the skin through sweating, but if our skin is clogged with debris, such as dead skin cells, then our skin is unable to remove these toxins. When the blood is full of toxins you will develop different skin problems such as acne, dry skin, rashes, and cellulite.
Our skin is designed to release about two pounds of toxins daily. When our skin is unable to do this it puts added stress on our liver and kidneys to get the job done, or the toxins simply stay in our body causing us harm. This is why it's so important to add dry body brushing to our daily routine.
What Is Body Brushing ?
Skin or body brushing refers to the act of gently brushing your skin with a body brush or loofah. This easy to do at home technique exfoliates the skin (removes dead skin cells), encourages new cell growth, stimulates blood flow throughout your body, and it only takes about 5 minutes.
To put it simply, body brushing cleans and de-clogs our pores, allowing our skin to do it's job.
Benefits Of Body Brushing
- Skin looks healthier, produces a natural glow
- Heals dry skin
- Tightens skin
- Reduces cellulite, smooths skin
- Reduces acne, kills bacteria on skin
- Cleans your pores
- Removes dead skin cells and toxins from the skin
- Increases cell renewal
- Stimulates blood and lymph flow, stimulates circulation
- Helps digestion
Tips For Body Brushing
For the best results aim to body brush daily, preferably in the mornings.
- Make sure that you are using a loofah or a natural bristle brush
- Skin must be dry while you are brushing it, if you are wet your skin will stretch
- Start by brushing the soles of your feet first (working your way up the rest of your body)
- Pay particular attention to areas where you have cellulite, such as your buttocks and thighs
- Brush hard enough that your skin turns a slight red color, but not hard enough to cause you any pain
- After brushing, take a warm shower or bath followed by a cool rinse
- When your shower is finished, slather olive oil on your body to seal in moisture
- Make sure you clean your brush or loofah once a week with soap and water
Body brushing is an easy to do, and cheap at home treatment to eliminate common skin problems. Summer is the perfect time to add this to your beauty routine because we all could use a little help to look great in our bikinis. So, go get a body brush and start body brushing!
For more advice on beauty and fashion please visit my blog Beautiful In Pittsburgh.
Best Training Video On How To Properly Body Brush
Do You Currently Body Brush?
Get Rid Of Cellulite!
- How To Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite for Less T...
Having cellulite anywhere on your body does nothing to boost your self-esteem, especially if you happen to see the latest model on the cover of any magazine. We women often think to ourselves, 'yeah, she can afford a personal trainer and has all the
- Can Smoking Cause Cellulite?
No, smoking does not cause cellulite. If you don't have cellulite and you suddenly start smoking cellulite will not appear. However, smoking will aggravate cellulite once the orange peel first develops. It is estimated that 90% of women have...
- How to Decrease the Visibility of Cellulite
Cellulite is common, especially among women. A variety of treatments to reduce the visibility of cellulite are discussed here.
- The 5 steps to get rid of cellulite
Getting rid of cellulite is easier than buying a new product or spending money at the cosmetic surgeon's office. These five steps to success are easy for anyone on any budget.
- Foods That Cause Cellulite
A helpful guide of foods that cause cellulite, so you can avoid them.
- How To Get Rid Of Cellulite
Learn what causes cellulite and how to get rid of cellulite for good.
- Best Body Brush - Top Dry Brushing Cellulite Brush
A body brush is a great way to combat cellulite and naturally detox. The five best body brushes reviewed and compared.
- Nutra Sonic Face and Body Brush
Nutra Sonic Face and Body Brush Ok I have a new infomercial beauty product I am tempted to buy. It is the Nutra Sonic Face and Body Brush. This is an infomercial that I saw on a UK tv channel and that...