Spring Fashion Trends: How To Create An Outfit
Spring In With Color
New York Fashion Week Information: History, Events, Schedule
Trend: Bare Waist
This Spring , the runways are filled with waist. Lots and lots of waist and dresses that expose it. Some of us could be reminded of Britney Spears or a teenage version of Angelina Jolie. Nonetheless, we're seeing:
- Anthony Vaccarelo - combining the bandage dress trend with plenty of skin
- Aquilano.Rimondi - mod and bold statement dresses
- Dolce & Gabanna - presenting colorful floral dresses with an exposed mid-drift
- Emilio Pucci - with patterned bohemian mid-drift dresses
- Miu Miu - Long, uni-colored and high-waisted pencil skirts paired with floral, and various patterned cardigans
- Nina Ricci - simplistic pencil skirts with bandeau and bandage tops to rival the bandage swimsuit trend
- Prada - going all out with floral dresses and ruffle tops
Yes. Denim is back. Then again, it never really seemed to go away. Perhaps it has been lurking in the racks of our closets as an everyday item (jeans) but denim is back like never before. Just in case you aren't convinced it's a thing now, let me list some of the designers and collections which came out with some pretty impressive lines.
- Bottega Veneta
- Dolce & Gabanna
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Isabel Marant (they have snakeskin prints incorporated into their lines!)
And denim is not just limited to jeans this season. Designers have put together maxi skirts, jackets, pencil skirts, dresses, shirts, and tank tops. One thing to note in almost all the outfits seen on the runways: lack of accessories. Keep you hands free ladies. That's why denim items have pockets.
Spring Break Fashions
Trend: Sport "Game On"
Style.com calls it the "Game On" trend. Grab that old sports jacket, throw on some heels and go skiing! It's a thing now. I couldn't quite wrap my head around Kenzo's color-block, trench coat, ski pants outfit (check out the look in the pictures on the right); but let's remember that runway fashion is meant as an inspiration for real life and not to be copied piece by piece. Kenzo wasn't the only one with sporty looking outfits gone street-chic. Here are a few other designers with this Spring trend:
- Isabel Marant - laid back chic
- Bottega Veneta
- Alexander Wang - many "ski" inspired pieces
- Michael Kors - rocking the gladiators with an Arabian archaeologist vibe. (Check out the picture on the right)
- Stella McCartney
- Victoria Beckham
- Y-3 - hello bright red!
No no...not like the blaring neon and rainbow wedges color-block trend. Designers are hanging on to the color-block idea (I mean, it IS a lively idea for Spring) but instead of pop-out colors, we're seeing a lot of pastel and toned down colors. "Pale Fire," if you will. (Style.com). Along for the ride we have:
- Calvin Klein - nude maxi dresses
- Louis Vuitton - almost "purse" like dresses
- Marc Jacob
- Diane Von Frustenberg
- Rebecca Minkoff
- Tommy Hilfiger - Plaid and American Preppy. Quite a turn-around from his previous London slouch look
- Valentino - lots of lace!
- Vera Wang
- How To Wear Orange Lipstick: Summer Makeup Trends
A new makeup trend hits the runways! Orange lips and orange lipstick are a big hit. Here is how to get the best look with orange lipstick. Step-by-step, find your perfect shade and learn how to apply lipstick. With video and pictures
- Best Swimsuits For Summer: How To Find The Best Swim...
Swimsuit Trends. Here you'll find the best swimwear and swimsuits for your body type and body shape! We all know what a hassle it can be to go shopping for swimsuits, bikinis, tankinis, one-pieces, swim-skirts. Large bust, flat butt, big thighs, curv