The Best Skin Care Products To Alleviate Dry Skin During Winter
Whether it's summer or winter we are always looking for the best skin care products to moisturize out skin. It doesn't matter the season our skin needs nourishment all year round.
If you have dry skin don't worry there is a solution for you. Here I have a list of the best or recommended winter skin care products that you can get from Amazon.com.
Facial Moisturizers - top 3
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream SPF 15. This is one of the few moisturizers that you will feel comfortable using on face, hands and body. It contains Mexoryl which protects against harmful UVB and UVA rays. Even though it is winter you still need to use SPF for protection against harmful rays because even though the exposure through fluorescent lighting is minimal, we still are exposed to rays similar as the sun. Whenever we are outside the exposure is greater so the risk of skin damage is likely.
Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense Spf 50 Facial Moisturizer. One of the best moisturizers on the market, this light non-greasy lotion is often recommended by dermatologists for sensitive skin. At SPF 50 this offers a strong barrier against the harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Helan Hydrata 24 hour Moisturizing Cream. This cream was specifically designed for dry, flaky, winter skin. No unnatural additives and it is paraben free. Paraben is preservative that is added to beauty and pharmaceutical products and sometimes used in foods. Helan Hydrata is rich in Vitamins A and E.
All Over Body Moisturizers
- Gold Bond - one of the oldest and best cream or lotion for skin care this moisturizer is still around. A special 2 for 1 you can get this very good product from Amazon.com at a reasonable cost. Formulated for rough, extremely dry, cracked and irritated skin this lotion offers 24 hour moisturization. Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Aloe contains vitamins A, E and C and is light and non-greasy.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream. This cream is formulated with SPF 15 for all over UVA/UVB protection. Light non-greasy and fragrance free, it was developed specifically for sun protection. One of the few lotions recommended for facial use also. Use liberally on face, hand, feet and body as needed.
Dove Cream Oil Body Lotion. A personal favorite, Dove cream oil is a number one best seller for the fall. Very reasonably priced Amazon.com sells a pack of three. Formulated for extra dry skin, Dove cream oil improves skin tone and texture. If you have ever used any Dove product you well know that Dove is all about moisturizing.
Basically any face and body lotion can be used on the hands, but because we wash our hands more often they tend to dry out more. We like our hands feeling smooth and soft, select the best for your hands. These two product are my personal recommendations.
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. Specifically for dry chapped hands this cream offers instant moisturization. According to the product description fishermen started using the same formula now contained in this cream. They found that of all the lotions and creams they tried, this one did the best job, and you can imagine how crusty a fisherman's hands can get!
- Aveeno's main ingredient is oatmeal and oatmeal is known for it nourishing and moisturizing properties. You can't go wrong with this cream that can also be used on the entire body. Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream is specially formulated for dry, cold, crisp weather. This cream not only contains oatmeal but shea butter and menthol. Moisturizes for 24 hours it has a barrier that seals in the moisture to prevent dryness from reoccurring.
The feet takes a bit more than the hands, face and body because the heels tend to get all dry and cracked. Sometimes the kind of socks we wear can dry out the feet. Thermal socks are better for walking around in the house during the winter months. It is best to moisturize the feet before putting the socks on. Moisturize the feet as soon as you get out of the bath or shower.
- Gold Bond Triple Action Foot Cream. Another product from Gold Bond. They say it delivers seven very important moisturizers, can you believe that?! Well this cream has vitamins A, C and E, and is said to condition and repair the toughest skin! This company, Gold Bond, has been around since 1908 and almost everyone I know who lived in the US came home with the Gold Bond lotions and creams. One of my personal favorites.
L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream. This cream contains 15% shea butter with antiseptic, mint and lavender oil. Simply put this cream offers antibacterial protection while softening and relaxing the feet. The surprise though, is the anti-inflammatory ingredient, arnica extract that reduces redness and irritation.