Bicarbonate of Soda in Skin Care
Simply the best
Bicarbonate of soda is a true miracle worker, is safe and versatile, and can be used for personal care on most parts of the body.
I hope you’ll find the information below useful and will benefit from using this multitalented product.
Please leave your comments at the end of the article.
Bicarbonate of Soda is a Good Exfoliator
Very inexpensive and safe, bicarbonate soda is a brilliant way of exfoliating your skin.
- Simply make a paste of three parts bicarbonate of soda to one part water,
- Take a bath or shower and rub the mixture gently all over the body,
- Rinse it off and dry yourself well,
- Your skin will look healthy and clean as if you used an expensive brand of exfoliator!
Bicarbonate of Soda can be used as a Facial Scrub
- The above mixture can be also used as a face and neck scrub,
- Apply it in a circular movement to the face and neck,
- Rinse it off with cool water.
- Your skin will look radiant and well looked after.
Bicarbonate as a Breath Freshener
A simple and effective way of getting rid of nasty smells like garlic and onion:
- Mix half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda with a small glass of water.
- Swish it around like a mouthwash,
- You will be surprised at how well it will neutralise the bad odours.
Time to Soften-Up
- To soften up rough skin, that is.
- You already know well where it is because it is really unpleasant to touch and difficult to deal with.
- So let us name some culprits: they are the elbows, knees and heels of the feet.
- The method of dealing with them is quite simple and by now, well familiar to us.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda to a paste and rub it in the affected area. Rinse off and enjoy your softer skin.
- If you make a habit of using it regularly, you will never have rough skin again.
Relief from Mosquito Bites
- We all know how unpleasant, to say the least, mosquito bites are.
- They sting, they itch and they prevent us from sleeping.
- Mix some bicarbonate of soda with a small amount of water and apply this paste on to the affected area.
- You will be surprised how quickly it will give you relief from the itching.
Soothe Allergic Skin
- It can be also used to soothe allergic skin reactions such as itchiness or irritations.
- Have your bath filled with cool water and add 2 cups (400g) of soda.
- Plunge yourself into it and enjoy the sense of relief it will give you.
Keep Feet Fit
- ‘Shop until you drop’ may be good for lifting up your moral, but it is weighing (heavily) down on your feet.
- They might feel 'used, abused and neglected'.
- As an apology, make them light and happy again following some advice given below.
Foot Bath for Tired Feet
- Mix 200 grams/1 cup bicarbonate of soda into relaxing hot water, put your feet in and stay for 10-15 minutes.
- Add some more hot water as the temperature drops.
- You can put some of your favourite essential oil into the water and then relax even more.
- You will be surprised how wonderful your feet will feel afterward.
A simple remedy for itchy feet.
- Get into a habit of using bicarbonate of soda instead of your usual talcum powder and you’ll bid farewell to any irritating itchiness of your feet, plus you’ll chase an unpleasant odour they might emit.
- So this remedy is all around good for you and for those in your immediate radius.
Time to join forces
If you know any other uses of bicarbonate of soda, please share it with everyone in the comments section below. Let's make our wonderful planet cleaner!
- The Brilliance of Bicarbonate of Soda
(Part 1) An informative article about the many uses of bicarbonate of soda.
- 5 Health Benefits of Hot Showers
- 10 Health Benefits of Cold Showers