Tips for Men to Look Instantly Slimmer
10 quick ways to look trimmer & slimmer
When putting together your new fall wardrobe try to incorporate some of these tips to make you feel and look better.
1) Contrary to what you might think, you will appear slimmer if you wear your pants at its natural waistline. Well fitting, loose enough to drape. Use a belt to nip in your waist.
For example: When you're standing, the waist of your pants should be snug enough not fall down but not so tight that the waistband and belt cut into your gut uncomfortably.
2) Go monochromatic. Wear the same colored shirt and pants preferably in a medium to dark tone layered with a different colored Hoodie or Sports coat.
For example: A khaki shirt or fine knit turtleneck and pants topped with a warm chocolate brown jacket.
3) Stay away from thick bulky fabrics which just add on extra pounds. Instead try for a light weight fabrics and darker colors to trim down the tummy.
For example: Dress pants and a fine cashmere sweater both in charcoal.
4) Short-sleeved tops, T's, and shirts will draw attention to your middle.
For example: Wear long narrow fitting sleeves.
5) Never wear clothes that are too tight. Having the fabric skin-tight stretched and straining across the stomach will add pounds.
For example: Well fitting clothes should have enough room to drape. Meaning that the cloth should still have some free fall.
6) Fine vertical stripes will give an elongating effect. In suits try other then white pinstripes on dark. Stay away from horizontals and diagonals because they shorten and widen at the same time.
For example: dark brown fine wool with lighter brown pinstripes.
7) Loud, overly bright colored Hawaiian shirts even if worn loose are not a great idea. Now that doesn't mean that you can't wear these fun shirts when you're touristing, just stay away from the enormous bright blood red orchids or bright orange parrots flying around on your chest.
For example: A small to medium patterned straight bottomed shirt in medium blues or greens worn open over a same toned T-shirt, topping a well fitting pair of beige shorts.
8) Darker muted Colors that suit your complexion will also have a slimming effect.
For example: Tone on tone khaki shirt and pants should be a good choice for the ruddy complexioned redhead. Blues usually suit the blond person well etc.
9) If you need to wear a business suit the dark toned ones made of non-creasing fabrics are slimming. Same colored suit and shirt with a contrasting colored vest long enough to cover the belt. Loosely woven thick tweeds are not flattering on a bigger body.
For example: Dark taupe (cocoa) suit and shirt with medium grey vest.
10) For casual wear the layered look is a good way to camouflaging a wider stomach if the layers are not over-sized and saggy looking.
For example: A well fitting pair of black jeans topped with a black T-shirt layered with a just right sized denim shirt worn open.