Top Ten Questions People Have About Long Hair Layers
Long layers are one of the most popular types of haircuts for women today. This type of hairstyle is popular mostly because it’s a really versatile style of haircut that looks good on all different types of women. You can wear long layers regardless of what face shape you have, what color your hair is or what your ethnic background might be. A lot of women do realize that long layers are a great choice for them but they still have a lot of questions about getting their hair cut in this way.
Here’s a look at the top ten questions that women have about long layers:
1. How do I cut my hair in long layers? A lot of women are trying to do their own haircuts these days in order to save money by not going to a salon. They know that long layers are the way to go but they need detailed instructions on how to actually do the cutting. It’s probably better to go to a professional stylist but if you’re interested in learning how to cut your hair in long layers yourself then the video included at the top of this article should help you out.
2. Will I look good with long layers? A lot of women get really concerned about trying any new haircut. After all, a bad haircut can really make you feel miserable for awhile until it grows out. The terrific thing about long layers is that they work for almost everyone and they aren’t too dramatic so you probably won’t hate the cut even if for some reason you don’t end up loving it as much as you’d hoped you would.
3. How should I get my hair cut to have face-framing long layers? One of the greatest things about long layers is that they can be used to frame your face. If you want a really edgy look then you should have several layers that are bluntly cut. If you want a more sophisticated look then just a few layers that are razored or textured to create a wispy frame around the face would be a better way to go.
4. How should I style my long layers? This is a really common question that women have once they actually do have long layers. The good news is that you can play around with a lot of different styles when you have your hair cut in long layers. You can wear it up or down, blow it out or straighten it flat. Have fun trying out different styles with this haircut.
5. What products and tools should I use on my long layers? This goes along with the styling question but the short answer is that you can probably keep using whatever you’ve already been using on your hair. The long layers won’t change your need for a blow dryer, a hair straightener or a curling iron.
6. What is the difference between long layers and short layers? This is a really common question that women have. The answer is the obvious: long layers are long and short layers are short. To make it more clear, though, long layers are mostly the same length with the layering happening just at the bottom of the head. Short layers are cut up higher so the short layered look ends up being more dramatic.
7. Is it easy to change long layers to short layers? This is a complicated question. It’s basically an easy process but the resulting look might not be something that you love because the layers weren’t initially cut to look short. If you want to do this then you should get a professional haircut from a good salon. You want to work with someone who can understand what it is that you are trying to do with your hair and who can help you do it in a way that gives you the short layered results that you are looking to have.
8. Is it possible to thin out hair when getting long layers? People who have frizzy hair or very full hair don’t are afraid to get long layers because they think that this will make their heads have a little bit too much volume. They wonder if they can thin it out to make the haircut look right on them. The answer is yes. Work with a good stylist who knows how to do a proper haircut with thinning.
9. Where can I get a great long layered haircut? Women want to know where to go to get this haircut in their area. Unfortunately, there’s no easy answer to this once since it depends on where you live. Your best bet is to look around amongst your friends and see who has long layers that you like then ask them where they get their hair done.
10. Where can I see pictures of people with long layers? The best way to figure out what to do with your long layers is to look at pictures of other people who have this type of haircut. You should probably ask your stylist to point out some pictures in the hairstyle books that are kept at the salon. However, you can also use Google and Flickr to simply search for such images to find what you like. Also, a lot of celebrities sport long layers so celebrity blogs that have a lot of pictures are also a good place to look.
- How to Wear Long Layers Depends on the Shape of your...
Long layers are a choice that many women make when deciding on a haircut. There is a really great reason for that long layers are more versatile than other types of haircuts. You can create a lot of...
- Short Layered Hair Cuts and Hair Styles
Short Layered Haircuts and Hairstyles Many women think regularly about getting their hair cut in a short style but then they get too scared to do it. The problem for most women is that they're afraid...
- Layered Hairstyles with Bangs
It has been said that if you have an angular jawline that you should wear a hairstyle with a sweeping bang, my girlfriend has always received compliments on her shoulder length cut because it is layered with...
- Layered Curly Hairstyles with Bangs Haircuts
Many are looking for volume, texture and definition and the one hairstyle that achieves all of these best features is the layered hairstyle, which is versatile and can be worn long or short, curly or...
- Hair Makeover Virtual Layered Hairstyles
It is possible to test your hair with the internet you are able to try on your favorite stars hairstyles, right from your home. For new hairstyles and makeovers you can try on new styles before you make an...