The Secret Life of Eyebrows
Everything you wanted to know about beautiful eyebrows but didn't dare ask....
Ever wondered about eyebrows? What are eyebrows for? Why do we have them? Do you love yours or do you hate them? Have you seen a camel's eyebrows? Incidentally, I am a fan of camels. A purveyor of belly dancing camels as it says on my Twitter profile. (I even commissioned an artist to draw me a belly dancing camel once). Camels may not have the best manners in the zoo and they do tend to be a little grumpy in their day jobs (sounds like me) but they are "the ships of the desert". One of the most appealing things about camels is their eyes, and in particular their eyebrows! So why do camels have eyebrows?
My guess is that camels have eyebrows to protect their eyes from the sun and sand. Perhaps that is why we have them too... This page is about eyebrows. Funny eyebrows, neat eyebrows and how to make your eyebrows more attractive. Read on for beauty tips and a few laughs mixed in!
The Camel with the Eyelashes?
Grooming Tips for Human Eyebrows - How to shape your eyebrows
Where camels are concerned, bushy is best for reasons I will reveal in a minute. Humans however tend to be more concerned with "refinement" and fashion. Bushy is rarely "in". So, to a few grooming tips, because although not everyone recognises the reality of true INNER beauty, the outer sort is something we CAN attend to....
- Women are often obsessed with their eyebrows.
- Many people take great trouble to remove excess hair and shape their eyebrows to look perfect.
- Some people use surgery to create artificial eyebrows.
- To groom eyebrows properly, you need pencils, scissors, tweezers and an eyebrow brush.
- It is a good to have a professional do them for you the very first time.
- If you tweeze too much it can look worse than not at all, so go carefully!
- The longer your brows are the better so don't tweeze at the ends!
- Check all the while to see that your eyebrows are symmetrical.
- Stop frequently to check that you haven't already tweezed too much.
- If your brows are light or thin fill them in with brow pencil.
- Unruly eyebrows can be tamed after plucking by setting them with brow gel.
- Never shave your brows!
Did you know that the camel has eyebrows? Her eyes are at the side of her head giving virtually all round vision, but she also needs protection from the sun. Thus nature has bestowed lovely, long, curly eyelashes upon her - which she might bat from time to time at other camels - but which actually keep the sand out of her huge eyes. Tear glands supply plenty of moisture to protect her peepers and she has not two, not one, but three eyebrows to shield her vision from the dazzling desert sun. One eyebrow on each side and one a large crest in the middle.... not exactly a unibrow, but certainly eyebrows to die for. Even baby camels have got the makings of BIG eyebrows on their BIG eyes! ^00^
The No Eyebrow Look
Or Bald Is Beautiful
Apparently the latest look is to have no eyebrows at all! I just saw a picture of Debbie Harry with no eyebrows. I can't say with her degree of blondness that it would make that much difference although it makes her eye sockets look more prominent and bony. On most, it will be an aging fashion I think. If she were dark I think it would look very odd indeed. Whatever it looks like, it must have been painful removing every single hair! As for the camels this look is OUT - what about all that sand in their eyes?
Bushy is beautiful, even before your morning cuppa.
What is eyebrow threading?
Is at safe?
Eyebrow threading is an Eastern method of plucking the eyebrows. The technician holds one end of a thread in the mouth, loops it around an unwanted facial or eyebrow hair then pulls it out. This procedure is repeated rapidly many times. In the majority of cases it is a perfectly safe procedure, or at least as safe as plucking and probably safer than waxing. Complications from threading, waxing and plucking do exist and I will go into these later.
Eyebrow Candy... - Styling and shaping your eyebrows
Advice from experts to helps you on your way to perfect eyebrows!
Do Dragons have eyebrows?
Not the kind of dragons that are people, but real dragons.... The firebreathing variety, that is. I wonder about this, since my favourite care 2 ecard features a Dragon trying to blow out the candles on a birthday cake and of course they light up anew whenever he breathes out again! Surely if a dragon were to have eyebrows they would get singed regularly? Of course the dragons we think of as chinese dragons do have them - you can check that out in the following video - but they are actually LIONS not dragons of course.
This is the kind of madness that leads to bushy eyebrows of course, which is concrete proof that dragons are either totally and completely barmy but nobody knows until it's too late on account of the fire breathing OR they never had eyebrows to singe in the first place because they are saner than humans.
Exhilarating Eyebrows - Eyebrows in Showbiz - some funny eyebrow videos
Here are a few videos of amazing eyebrows for your amusement.... Lots of fun to be had here, not forgetting the great Lion Dance videos which prove that Chinese Lions, or Liondogs or Dragons do indeed have the cutest eyebrows ever!
Why I made this lens.... - Am I happy with my eyebrows?
Are you happy with YOUR eyebrows?
- All my life I have loved my eyebrows - just as they are thank you!
- My eyebrows are the heavy sort everyone wants to get rid of.... but they are expressive so I like them
- Some people pluck their eyebrows - OUCH.
- Some people shave them - you really want eye stubble?
- Some people remove them and tattoo new ones in their place - OK - why?
- Some people try to make them bigger to look like Spock!
- Some smaller to look like a fashion model....
- Some people have alopecia and need eyebrow transplants....
- I want you to learn to love your eyebrows.
- And accept that other people's are different but equally valid....
- To learn why nature gave many creatures wonderful eyebrows - not just people - and to make the most of the ones we have!
- I demand equality for Unibrows - and I believe in Unicorns!
Please let me know what you enjoyed about this lens. And if you enjoyed it, please share it with your friends!
© 2009 Lisa Marie Gabriel