Unique Engagement Rings: Golden South Sea Pearl Rings
While the majority of engagement rings are made of diamonds, a love that is as rare and special as yours deserves a unique engagement ring. A Golden South Sea pearl ring is just that. Our ring gallery and tips below will give you more information. There are floral, circle, and swirl designs, some in 18k gold, and some in 14k gold.
Golden South Sea Pearls: The Most Exquisite Pearls in Nature
The majority of golden South Sea pearls are from Indonesia and the Philippines. They are of some the largest and most valuable pearls produced by nature, having a natural golden color and a size of at least 9 mm. It takes up to four years for a golden South Sea pearl to grow, compared to two years for most other types of pearls.
Why the Woman in Your Life Will Love a Golden South Sea Pearl Engagement Ring
- Rarity: Pearl rings are one of the more common alternatives to diamond engagement rings, but a golden South Sea pearl ring is the most exquisite and exclusive style of pearl engagement rings. She can show her ring off to friends and family knowing that very few women in the world ever get to wear one on their finger for life. It is truly a unique engagement ring.
- Coordination with Yellow Gold: If she loves yellow gold, you will be delighted to know that it is the ideal setting for golden South Sea pearls, and the sight of the pearl and the gold next to each other is visually stunning.
Start a Jewelry Set that Will Symbolize Your Lifetime Together
- If she is a lover of jewelry in general (and what woman isn't?), in alternate or anniversary years you can buy her golden South Sea earrings or necklaces, so that she eventually has a set of coordinating jewelry.
What Determines the Pearl's Value
The deeper the golden color in the South Sea pearl, the more valuable it is. The smaller the pearl is, the more affordable it is. It is very easy to find golden South Sea pearls between 9 mm and 11 mm in size for a reasonable price.
Cost of a Golden South Sea Pearl Engagement Ring
- Most of these pearl rings will run about the same price as a diamond engagement ring, and they might be even less. You can commonly buy golden South Sea pearl rings for between $900 and $2,000.
Special Features to Look for in Golden South Sea Pearl Rings
- Purchase a ring that has small diamonds along with the pearl. Purchasing a golden pearl ring by itself does not quite have the beauty that the small diamonds add.
- Many golden South Sea pearl rings come pre-set in 18k gold because these types of rings are considered high-end jewelry and the gold color looks perfect next to the pearl.
© 2013 Life and Luxury