- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
Use Manuka honey to treat your acne
I had very bad acne in my early teenage years. I would always buy drugstore brands such as Neutrogena and Clean & Clear to treat my acne, expecting better results. However, my skin would become very dry and my pimples would suddenly pop, bleed and turn into scars. I became self conscious that I never left the house without wearing any foundation. After years of using products that were too harsh for my skin, I decided to give my skin a break.
I began to realise that I had sensitive skin at the beginning of 2011 when I purchased the Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash. Although it smelt nice, I noticed that the product was actually making my acne worse. My acne became larger that it swelled up, leaving huge bumps on my face. It was not pretty! So I had to stop using the face wash otherwise more scars would appear on my face.
Luckily, I stumbled upon a Youtube Guru who was passionate about detoxing and organic food. I decided to take her advice. I was spending so much money on face cleansers that were full of chemicals. I realised that I did not need to waste money on these unnecessary products.
Method for using honey as a face cleanser
1. Tie your hair back and use a headband to prevent the honey from sticking on your hair.
2. Remove your makeup and wash your face with warm water to open up your pores
4. Use a teaspoon to scoop a small amount of honey from the tub. This is more hygienic than dipping your fingers in the tub of honey.
5. Use your fingers to scoop out the honey on the teaspoon. Spread the honey on your face and massage your face in circular motions.
6. Let the honey sit for about 3-5 minutes. Otherwise let the honey sit for 15 minutes as a face mask.
7. Wash the honey off with warm water. You will notice that the honey washes off easily.
8. Finally, rinse your face with cool water to close your pores.
9. Do this at least once a day. It is also gentle enough to use the honey as a face cleanser twice a day.
You may experience a transition period where your acne starts appearing more in the first week or two. Just picture it this way. Honey has antibacterial properties that will get deep into your pores. The honey is bringing all your acne onto the surface of your skin while effectively cleaning your pores. Overtime, you will notice a huge improvement.
My Experience using Manuka Honey
Manuka honey is my go to product each time I start to see pimples appearing on my face which is usually at that time of the month. Honey treats my acne by reducing its size and it prevents my acne from bleeding. It has also prevented scars from developing on my face. My parents have noticed a huge difference in my skin. Read my article on The 10 Amazing benefits of honey.
If you or your teenagers suffer from acne, I suggest that you try honey. It is best to use organic honey or Manuka honey from New Zealand. The products listed below are excellent brands to use. Using honey leaves your skin feeling moisturised, smooth and it gives your skin a healthy glow. Not only does it do a good job as a face cleanser, it lightens your blemishes because it has its own natural hydrogen peroxide and honey is also an anti ageing ingredient.
People spend so much money on brands such as Proactiv because people rely on it, expecting positive results. But with my experience using honey, I have stayed away from face cleansers for good. It is the best feeling to be able to go out and let your skin breathe, without having to cover your face with makeup.
Read more about fashion, health and beauty
- The truths about shampoo and why you should ditch th...
- How to achieve long healthy hair
- How to find the perfect cut and style for your face shape
- What to do when you can't get your straight eyelashes to hold its curl
- How to wear prints and how to pull off two prints in one outfit
- Why every girl should own a pair of Jeffrey Campbell Lita Boot
- How to color block an outfit
- The 22 Amazing Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar | Healthmad
- My Cookies and Cream Protein Shake Recipe Without Using a Blender | Notecook