Wedding Hair, Wen Review and Natural Hair Products for a Perfect Hair Day
Hair products some Natural some NOT
Striving for a Perfect Hair Day
7 Reasons Why Your Hair Should be on your Wedding Check List much earlier. Perfect Wedding Hair is a wonderful thing to strive for and achieve.
Many of us have some issues with our hair that need to be addressed. I think this is the ideal time to truly resolve any problems and turn your hair into its healthiest condition.
- Get the health of your hair in place first, then plan for the style and finalize your wedding hair day.
- Instead of just one day dedicated to your hair, start a minimum of 6 weeks and at least 6 months to resolve hair issues. When you make an online purchase of hair products, allow 3-7 days to receive your order. The 6 week to 6 months time allows you to experience the full benefits of your new hair care system.
- Depending how busy your hair stylist is, schedule at least 4 weeks ahead for your final wedding day hair. If your bridal party is in the same salon, ensure the salon is staffed to handle everyone timely that day - CONFIRM WITH THE SALON AHEAD OF TIME!
- Arrive prepared when you meet with your stylist for the consult. Bring images of yourself with your hair in different styles (normal daily style, up, down etc.), Any hair accessories, tiara or veil you plan to wear, bring along. Magazines, scrapbook or links to your Pinterest board with wedding day hair styles.
- The consult will include recommendations from your hair stylist; specifically to any hair issues you are concerned about. This is the time to discuss any changes to the original style if needed. Include your bridal party and flower girl. Some styles look amazing but are too tight or uncomfortable, especially for children. The last thing you want is an uncomfortable or unhappy child because her head hurts.
- Your planned wedding hair style: try it out for your rehearsal dinner to ensure you are getting what you want. Note the time it takes to create it, finalize the details with your hairstylist. Take photographs and a mini video to make sure you love the look.
- See how the "pre wedding style" holds up and how long the style lasts. This is the time to assess what you like and don't like so you have time to make changes and discuss that with your stylist. Outdoor wedding? potentially windy? Go outside for at least an hour and see how your hair holds up.
I am using myself as the example for the hair care product reviews to give honest information about my personal experience since my own goal became a search for pure natural hair care products.
My hair type: fine, curly, dry, frizzy, color treated from professional highlighting. It is difficult to get it moisturized without heaviness or using too many products. I let my hair air dry most of the time, but occasionally blow dry it. The last color treatment caused excessive hair issues. Obviously my current store bought products are not doing enough the video shows images of my hair prior to trying Wen products first.
I explored Wen after it was recommended to me by my hairstylist. I watched the TV ad and observed an immediate difference in the hair texture, improved hair color and soft look of healthy hair. I reviewed the online website and finalized an order with the pomegranate scent.
From day one, LOVED RESULTS! My hair felt soft and silky. The color immediately came back and looked very healthy; like a perfect hair day. I felt beautiful and really excited and happy about the products. I used them for 4 days with the decision to do a review. On this day I also noticed my scalp felt dry and had a light burning feeling (never had that problem before).
THE PROBLEM: As I researched, I came across some negative reviews, many about hair loss. That lead to researching ingredients, and polymer and wax damaging hair. When I paid closer attention to myself, I confirmed a more than normal amount of hair was coming out daily when I used Wen. In just 4 days and using only 3 pumps each time, the styling gel and balm (I never tried the intensive moisturizer) I noticed a mild burning feeling in my scalp and it is still dry and itchy, days after I stopped using the WEN products. The burning subsided after 48 hours passed. The itching stopped about 10 days to 2 weeks later.
Natural is not always natural enough to avoid causing adverse reactions. Do you understand the ingredients in the hair products you use? I am not a physician or scientist or a cosmetologist. I just researched and came up with a possible theory. Amodimethicone is a polymer and/or wax related product designed to seal moisture in. Sounds good, but if you are "waxing" your hair and scalp, aren't you doing the same thing as "waxing" to remove hair? Wax stops the hair follicle growth and can kill it off entirely.
On Wen Forums, many women mentioned the amount of Wen product they used seemed like it was staying in their hair. I think over time, the larger amount and it remaining on your scalp; it may be killing hair follicles causing some hair loss. Doctors indicate by the time you notice hair loss, it is usually when you reach a 30% loss. I wanted to use the products, but I didn't have peace of mind. "I was afraid I would end up with real bald spots very quickly."
hair images after trying products
Searching for Natural Hair Products
I began a deeper more informed search for truly natural hair products. I found a few. Reading the ingredients, the chemicals are gone; along with the waxes and sodium's and alcohols, preservatives and polymers. I found Youngevity and 100PercentPure.
I don't want anyone to stop using their hair products or make a decision based on this review article. I would like you to do a self assessment. Do your own research and understand the products' ingredients. If you currently use Wen, ask yourself what changes have you noticed or felt since using it?
I recommended some books below to further help with understanding the chemicals you are using everyday. After the reality of Wen, I couldn't even bring myself to go back to my old hair products either (they truly were not doing enough for the hair issues either). I didn't really want to stop using Wen because my hair looked so good, but the peace of mind was gone.
100PercentPure and Youngevity
100% Pure products. I tried the shampoo and conditioner, my hair looks and feels the same as it did the the products I originally used. Yes safer, but now my hair smells like oatmeal anytime it gets wet. I still have the frizzy dry look, so I am not sure I would continue to use it.
Youngevity Botanical Spa Collection. I have been a reseller for these products since I found the sugar substitute Somersweet. I began exploring the hair care products during this review process. The two amber colored bottles are the "spa collection". My hair is softer, but still a lite frizz. so still a need to add something else to my hair to calm that down. The Red and White bottles..are not 100% all natural, has a holiday more woodsy smell. So I didn't pick that set either. The (white bottle) silk conditioner after Spa collection shampoo is better and closer to what I am looking for. Although low on the list of ingredients (there are a few on the list of 10 not to use) UPDATE: I had to find the right amount to use and then my hair texture improved.
What helps? Add 100% pure brand, Glossy Locks Smooth & moisture hair balm. It does take that frizziness out and ultimately gives that result without dangerous ingredients.
If you have to use Wen, use it only a few days, don't rub it so intensily into your scalp. Truly and thoroughly rinse with cool water (not warm or hot). Less product is better, not more. Start with 3 pumps, add one additional pump if needed to get the coverage through your hair. Easy on your scalp! I tried this and it didn't result in the full, truly silky and perfect result as when you do rub it into the scalp; but close enough.
If you use Youngevity Spa collection, the smell is better, citrus and mint and better results on the hair. More moisturized, less tangled, still needs the natural hair smoother balm.
Make a lifetime of healthy hair that looks as good as you can get it to look every day. Wedding hair needs so much more planning and in depth evaluation and application of the right products to first reach a healthy level and then the style that you will be happy with. "Try it on, just like clothes, it may look better on the hanger, your style may look better in the magazine. Spend the extra time and money to have perfect hair on your wedding day and healthy hair the rest of your life." Brenda Green owner of A Wedding Theme http://bridalletter.com June 2012 (c)
COMMENTS - if you have any experience with any of these products or try them soon; please share your personal use, and feedback on any of them. I would like to hear from as many people as possible to see if the results are similar to what I found on forums outside of Hubpages. Thank you!
Perfect Hair vs Healthy Hair
Am I willing to do anything to have perfect hair?
Wedding Hair Planning Wen Reviews and Natural Products Reviewed
Natural hair care and wedding hair styles
The ugly side of beauty. It is key to be aware of your health.
Natural Hair Care
- Wedding Makeup and Skin Care
Youngevity natural minerals makeup and spa style skin care. Stays fresh through activity. On a budget, explore Mark cosemtic line.