- Fashion and Beauty
Wet tissue: How to make one with antiperspirant quality
You can refer this hubpage to know the following:
- Formulation considerations for antiperspirant wet tissue.
- Steps to make antiperspirant wet tissue.
- A commercially viable antiperspirant wet tissue formula
Formulation considerations for making Wet tissue with antiperspirant qualities
Since summers are approaching, many of us will rely on wet tissues for getting a little relief during long outdoor activities. In this hub we will learn how wet facial tissues are made, or how one can make wet facial tissue.
Wet facial tissues give cooling effect by dissolving heat through evaporation. Which means we a person wipes his face with wet tissue the liquid evaporates from his skin thus giving a cooling effect. Ideal wet facial tissues also eliminate lactic acid from the skin that forms due to intense muscular activity, it also protects the skin from excessive dryness.
When an antiperspirant agent is added to the solution used for wetting the tissue, it reduces the activity of sweat glands and allows user to remain dry for some time after use. The antiperspirant ingredient used in wet tissues often act by decreasing the production of sweat from sweat glands, may form blockage in the sweat duct thus not allowing sweat to come to skin surface, may alter sweat duct permeability to fluids to reduce perspiration.
Aluminum Chloride solution is a common antiperspirant ingredient used in wet tissues to impart antiperspirant qualities. Low boiling point liquids like ethanol or isopropyl alcohol along with water are used as solvents as they evaporate readily from the skin giving a cooling effect. Isopropyl Myristate is used for its good skin permeability.
The perfume used in this preparation is very useful, at least from the consumer point of view. Few suggested smells are Sandalwood, rose, lavender or a readymade blend.
Formula for wet tissue solution
Hygienic tissue paper
As per requirement
Steps for making Wet tissue paper:
- Step1: First step is to weight all the ingredients properly.
- Step 2: Now dissolve aluminum chloride in around 25ml of water.
- Step 3: Now mix ethanol and isopropyl myristate are mixed together, then the aqueous Aluminum chloride solution is added to it.
- Step 4: Add the remaining amount of water, to the preparation.
- Step 5: Now stack folded Hygienic tissue paper base in a container with base size equivalent to circumference of the folded paper. Add this solution slowly and allow the tissue paper to soak. Seal the container airtight.
For single sachet packing dry hygienic tissue paper is first put into the sachet, appropriate amount of Wet tissue solution is added just before sealing the pack
Caution: The wet tissue paper solution is highly inflammable thus keep all operations away from any naked flame.
Label the container in accordance with the guidelines given in local Drug and cosmetic act, or as issued by local food and drug administration.