- Fashion and Beauty»
- Body Art, Tattoos & Piercing
What Tattoo Should I Get?
Do you have a tattoo?
I was tattooed for the first and only time when I was 28 years old. Update at end of page. The tattoo is located on the inside of my left wrist. The proper name for what I have tattooed on me is called the triquetra. The triquetra has been used in many cultures for many beliefs, and that is why I picked it.
- The triquetra symbol has been found on stones, in northern Europe, that date back to before 1,000 AD.
- It is an ancient Celtic symbol said to represent the three planes of existence: physical, mental, and, spiritual
- It has been used as by the Christians to represent the trinity: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- It has been used by pagans to represent the land, sky, and sea.
- It has also been used by Pagans to represent life, death and rebirth
- It has also been used by the pagans to represent the threefolds of a woman or "Great Goddess": the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone
- It is known to be a symbol of protection
All of these representations of the triquetra say something about my beliefs, and the next tattoo will have to be just as researched and meaningful.
SO PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN HELPING ME PICK MY NEXT TATTOO!!
Should I get ladybug tattoo?
Well if I'm thinking about going small, simple, and cheap. I was thinking about a ladybug on the top of my hand between my thumb and first finger or behind my ear or in my ear. The reason for the ladybug tattoo is it reminds me of a memory with my dad as a little girl and him telling me that lady bugs represented love, good luck, and good fortune. I researched the ladybug's symbolism and found:
- It is believed by Romany that if a ladybug lands on you it will bring you good fortune
- As a weather omen they predict fair weather (no more rain clouds over my head)
- Some Asian cultures believe ladybugs are blessed by God
- If one lands on you when you're ill, it will take the illness away
I am a firm believer in the personality characteristics that shape each zodiac sign. I believe I am I true Gemini, BUT I was born on the cusp of Taurus and Gemini. So does that not make me a true Gemini? There many symbols to choose from when choosing a zodiac sign for a tattoo, but where to put it. I believe in getting tattoo's where I can see them, preferably where others can see them easily also. So where should I put it? What should it be? I recently found out there is also I sign for the cusp Taurus/ Gemini. See pictures
Should I get a zodiac tattoo?
Where should I get a the zodiac tattoo?
Since we are talking about astrology, I might as well mention that I'm a Snake according to Chinese astrology, and I love handling and playing with snakes. I like to see snakes and try catching them. There is a symbol for the Year of the Snake, and then there are plenty of snake tattoos, of course I'm looking for something as original as possible. I am actually considering a snake curled up my arm.
Should I get a snake tattoo?
Do you like my Tree of Life idea?
The Tree of Life?
I really want this one, but its going to take a lot of time, money, and finding just the right design. The Tree of life symbolizes so much to me:
- Egyptians believed it represented "tree in which life and death are enclosed"
- It is an ancient religious symbol in many cultures
- It is in the Book of Genesis
- In the Book of Mormon it is seen as "a tree, whose fruit was desirable to make one happy"
- Mesoamerican's believed the Tree of Life was a ubiquitous symbol that connected the planes of the underworld and the sky (terrestrial world)
There is so much information regarding the Tree of Life and it symbolism across cultures. I would like a large tribal designed swirly but also with leaves and different pieces of art (perhaps the snake) drawn into the tree. I would like this tattoo to cover my shoulder area and go down my arm a few inches.
You and tattoos?
Second Tattoo (updated 01/23/2011)
I recently got my second tattoo and it wasn't even considered in this page. I got my dog's name Mercy in calligraphy on the back of my neck. To know how much she meant to me please read my hub dedicated to Mercy.
- Getting Your First Tattoo? Read This!
If you’ve finally decided to join up and be one of the inked, here’s some advice to make sure you do it right from the beginning.
I just got my third tattoo tonight at home by Dane Creach aka as clickofdeathgw. I decided to go with the year of the snake symbol on the side of my lower right leg. He did at my home and did a great job.