What is Peplum
The Peplum Trend
Peplum refers to a short overskirt or ruffle attached around the waistline. Designers like Louis Vuitton, have brought this trend this year after 30 years. The reason why peplum has become a popular ragin trend in 2012 is because designers have shown a range of peplums with minimum ruffles and plain colors which accentuates any hourglass figure and also gives the image of modern sophisticated sexy silhouette. So, lets go ahead and look at how to wear peplum and check out some of the peplum jackets, skirts and dresses.
How To Wear Peplum
- The first biggest tip is keep the ruffles at the bare minimum. You are trying to accentuate your waistline , you want the world to see your tiny waistline- you are doing that by drawing attention to the waist line with ruffles. So the last thing you wanna do is go overboard with big ruffles which adds more weight and makes your curves disappear.
- Pair it with sleeker pieces- As peplum adds volume to your hips, pair it with sleeker pieces like skinny jeans or a fitted blouse or a pencil skirt. Kate Middleton looked absolutely stunning with her fitted peplum jacket and pencil skirt.
- Peplum also works for Inverted triangular or apple shaped figures. It adds volume to your narrow hips and creates an illusion of hourglass figure
Sexy Peplum Tops
- Keep the peplum in the same color as your outfit. Do not wear peplum of a different family color than the rest of the outfit. It adds a huge bulk to your outfitand takes away the whole point of wearing peplum
- You can wear a skinny belt to accentuate your hourglass figure
- Pair your peplum outfit with less bulky shoes- pumps if you are wearing a peplum dress, wedges if you are wearing skinny jeans.Do not pair them with heavy bulky ankle boots or tall boots.
- Another Quick tip for girls with larger bust- minimize your bust with a lighter peplum top and bring more attention to your lower half by wearing a darker skirt / jeans. If you are trying to do the opposite, switch the same thing
- Keep accessories to the minimum – just add your statement clutch or envelope bag to rock the look.