Your skin is what you eat - Post 6 Celery "Acne Killer"
Acne Killer - Celery
Celery is an excellent source of vitamin C. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, potassium, foliate, molybdenum, manganese and vitamin B6, calcium, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, magnesium, vitamin A, phosphorus and iron. The best effect of celery is to prevent and inhibit high blood pressure. Moreover, celery clears uric acid from painful join and helps kidney acts an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Celery is not my favorite but it's "I must eat" vegetable from its great benefits. Specially for your skin, it can clean the skin cells, dirt, remove skin oils. It not only can help you to fight against acne, but also dilute the acne scars. However, celery may trigger photosensitivity/light sensitivity, so you should be careful about ultraviolet radiation (UVR) when you take celeries.
Celery is very nutritious no matter how you cook it. Celery salad or soup are all very good choices.
Put GREAT chopped celeries into salads (you mix it with any other salad leaves). You can spread with peanuts butter (you can dilute peanuts butter with warm water and make it as a souce), sesames, olive oil and top with raisins.
- Celery is known as a "salty" vegetable, and is a natural addition to any dish when trying to avoid sodium intake.
- Feel free to use the leaves in your celery recipe as they're very high in nutrients. However, use them quickly, as they tend to lost their verve for life after 2-3 days.
- Although celery can be found year-round in the markets, it is most fresh in the summer months when it's in season.
- Because of it's high water content, it's excellent for those watching their weight. However, because of its high water content, it tends to wilt quickly. If your celery has wilted, sprinkle it with a little fresh water and place it in the refrigerator for several hours where it will regain its crispness. This technique works for most veggies.
Please see recipes of Tomato, Papaya, Cherry, Sweet Potato & Soybean
- Your skin is what you eat - Post 5 Soybean "Anti-aging Force"
- Your skin is what you eat - Post 4 Sweet Potato "Losing Weight is a Sweet Thing!"
- Your skin is what you eat - Post 3 Cherry "Detox Queen"
- Your skin is what you eat - Post 1 Tomato "Holy & Basic"
- Your skin is what you eat - Post 2 Papaya "Whitening & Busting"