- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
Tea Tree Oil - A Top Acne Treatment
Acne isn't associated with severe health implications, but it can definitely lower your self-confidence. Essential oils and a healthy dietary regimen can help manage acne scars successfully.
Banish Acne, Pimples and Blackheads Naturally
Tea Tree Oil - The Best Acne Treatment
Clinical trials and innumerable case studies have proved that the Tea Tree essential oil is decidedly beneficial and helps get rid of acne successfully.
A study was conducted on 124 individuals having various forms of acne. One segment of the volunteers was managed using Tea Tree oil, whilst another segment was administered benzyl peroxide (the typical treatment regimen given for acne). Tea Tree oil demonstrated fantastic and rapid results; and importantly, did not bring about any adverse effects.
Tea Tree Essential Oil Promises you an Acne Free Skin
What Causes Acne?
Acne is a skin disorder which involves the natural oil secreting glands located beneath the skin. These oil glands produce sebum which is meant to keep the skin healthy and moisturized. In individuals having hormonal imbalances or those who follow a poor skin care regimen, these glands tend to get blocked, resulting in an accumulation of sebum within the glands. Further, this buildup can get infected, which may result in inflammation and scarring of the skin tissue.
There are several factors that are considered to contribute to the formation of acne:
- Hormonal changes and imbalance are the primary etiological factors. This explains why a high percentage of teenagers suffers from acne during puberty. Furthermore, acne is also common among females due to hormonal changes taking place during their menstrual cycles.
- Poor skin care, excessive use of makeup containing chemicals, and dietary inefficiencies have a potential impact on the formation of acne. Aromatherapy and a nutritious diet are considered highly effective in the successful management of acne and acne marks.
Tea Tree Essential Oil Treats Acne as well as Acne Scars Successfully
How Does Tea Tree Work on Your Skin?
Tea Tree is native to Australia. It is a shrub that thrives in marshy areas. The oil is obtained from the leaves and twigs of the shrub. The oil smells spicy, strong and somewhat medicinal. It is a powerful anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial and helps fight various contagious diseases.
- Tea tree essential oil is invaluable in the successful treatment of acne and acne scars, blemishes, and enlarged pores.
- The oil prevents as well as halts bacterial growth and counterbalances their harmful products.
- Tea tree balances the sebum production within the skin, hydrates the skin well and eradicates ugly scars, all in an interval of 3 to 4 months.
- When blended with Aloe Vera gel, it is an excellent face and neck mask that protects the skin and soothes inflammations.
Warning: Do not use the Tea Tree oil on very sensitive skins. Use in moderation, and always blended with a carrier oil (such as almond oil, avocado oil or jojoba oil).
Incorporate Loads of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables in Your Diet
Diet and self care play a very crucial role in the effective treatment of acne:
- Make sure that you drink plenty of water everyday. Keep yourself well hydrated. A minimum of 3 liters per day is advocated. Water flushes out all toxic wastes from the body, hydrates the skin, and enhances your complexion enormously.
- Avoid processed and refined foods altogether. These foods have a high concentration of trans fats, which result in hormonal imbalances and trigger and / or aggravate acne.
- Add 2 servings of the following to your daily diet - lemons, sweet limes, oranges, tomatoes, bell peppers, mangoes, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, or parsley. These foods are chock-full with vitamin C and powerful antioxidants; which promote optimal skin health and promise you a healthy, radiant complexion.
- Ensure that you eat a fistful of nuts everyday (walnuts, pistachios, cashews, groundnuts, and almonds). They supply loads of zinc, a vital mineral that keeps acne in control.
- Irregular bowel movement and chronic constipation are big hurdles to a beautiful skin. Make sure you have regular bowel movement.
Lastly, have a regular skin care regimen. Never miss out on cleansing, toning, and moisturizing the skin. Scrub the face, once a week; opt for skin care products that have a water base, not an oil base.