- Fashion and Beauty
7 Best Drugstore Makeup Setting Sprays
Best Drugstore Makeup Setting Sprays
Are you the kind of person who likes to apply her makeup only once during the day and hates reapplying it again or are you the kind of person who desires full coverage but is afraid of the cakey look?
This articles lists the best drugstore makeup setting sprays tried and tested.Read on! you are going to find a makeup setting spray that fits your needs.
Hard Candy Fast and Fabulous Makeup Setting Spray
Average Price=(6$ for 2.2 oz)
Best for: Normal to oily skin
Comparable to urban decay all nighter but with fraction of the price, Hard Candy Fast and Fabulous Makeup Setting Spray is a godsend for those who have oily skin and are on tight budget.
Comes in a cute packaging, this spray will give your makeup a gorgeous matte finish, lock it in and keep it shine free for hours. It’s so good at keeping your makeup in place that even if you walk around in summer sun, your makeup will not slide off your face.The foundation,blush on and eye makeup will stay where they should and that’s not all. It will also reduce cakey and powdery look and give your makeup a beautiful natural finish.
If you are acne prone and other makeup setting sprays have made you break out.Try this one.
- Locks makeup in tightly and keeps it looking fresh for hours.
- Super affordable.
- A good product to wear in summer.
- Prevents makeup from sliding off or creasing into lines.
- Great for wetting eyeshadows to make them look more vibrant.
- Feels nice and refreshing on skin.
- Reduces powdery and cakey look and keeps face shine free.
- Keeps skin matte and makes makeup last longer
- Not tested on animals
- The spray nozzle does not deliver fine mist. Spray it over a cotton ball and gently press it over your face or order a fine mist bottle(for perfumes and such stuff) and transfer the contents into that bottle.
- Smells like cucumbers
- Only sold at Walmart and online.
Milani Make It Last Setting Spray Prime + Correct + Set
Best For:normal to oily skin
An excellent multitasker, Milani Make It Last Setting Spray can be used to prep your face as well as to set your makeup. It really does what it says.
Spray the product on your face before applying foundation to create a smooth base. Once you are finished with your makeup spray it again to lock it in your gorgeous look. Now you can keep that ‘just applied look’ for hours without worrying about touch ups. It also settles powder very nicely and you will feel difference in the longevity of your makeup.
Rich in skin nourishing vitamin B3, Milani Make It Last Setting Spray is suitable to be worn every day. Though Milani claims that it gives skin matte finish,but the actual finish is semi-matte.If you are very oily,this might not be suitable product for you.
Even though this setting spray is inexpensive but the packaging is good the dispenser produces very fine spray that will cover your face evenly, so it will take you very less time to set your makeup.
Those with dry skin should try Milani make it dewy setting spray.
- Heavenly scent that evaporates quickly.
- Rich in skin healthy ingredients
- Gives a natural looking glow to skin
- Produces beautiful semi matte finish
- Tones down powdery looks
- Makes makeup last all day.
- Excellent spray nozzle that delivers very fine spray.
- Very affordable
- Those with very oily skin will need to blot.
- The product should come in a bigger bottle.
- Sticks to dry patches.
- The scent can be problem for some.
Ben Nye Final Seal Matte Sealer
Average Price=8$ for 1oz.
Best for: normal to oily
Do you want to know the name of the product that Disney princess at theme parks use to keep their makeup on?
Its Ben Nye Final Seal. It literally creates a thin barrier between the outside world and your makeup.
The proper way to use it is to spray it in the air and walk into the mist. Do not spray it directly on your face. If you spray it too close your makeup will look spotty and badly applied
When you have set your makeup with this setting spray, you can be confidant that your makeup will look the same at 6 p.m. as it looked at 8 a.m., the time when you walked out the door. No more makeup sliding off or disappearing from your face. Your makeup will stay in place even if you stand under a shower or are a performer and perspire heavily during your work.
Ben Nye Final Seal is sold in four sizes.1 oz. will cost you approximately 8$, 2 oz. will cost you 12$, 8oz. will cost you 25$ and 16 oz. will cost you 38$.I recommend buying a small bottle first, to check if it suits your skin and fits your needs, if it does then buy a big sized one to save money.
Ben Nye Final Seal can only be ordered online but it’s an excellent setting spray and has drugstore price so that’s why it’s been included in this article.
- Makes makeup last all day and prevents transfer to clothes.
- Excellent for oily skin ,provides matte finish that lasts all day
- Makeup stays even in hot and humid weather.
- Smudge resistant finish
- a great sealer for theatre and every day makeup
- Very affordable.
- Pores look smaller and skin looks fresh
- Water proof
- Not for those who are allergic to alcohol based products.
- Minty smell
- You need to careful not get it the eyes because it can sting
- It does sting a bit when you first spray it on
Pixi By Petra Glow Mist
Best for: All skin types
Enriched with 13 skin nourishing natural oils plus aloe Vera and fruit extracts Pixi glow mist is for those who desire a gorgeous dewy look after they finish their makeup.
The mist feels cools and refreshing on skin and it will make your skin look plump and alive. Thus it’s a good product for aging skin. It’s also suitable for dry skin, if your skin is dry and you are looking for a light moisturizer pick this one up.
Pixi glow mist can be sprayed on your face before or after applying makeup.
If your foundation gives you a very matte look a little spray of this glow mist will take away that dull matte look and give you beautiful natural glow. If the foundation clings to dry patches pixi glow mist can correct that situation too
It’s a very relaxing product, keep it in your bag and spray it on your face during a stressful day, to sooth your skin and nerves.
The packaging is cute and the spay nozzle delivers an even spray.
- Sets makeup and totally takes away over powdered or cakey look
- Absorbs well into the skin
- Refreshes and hydrates makeup adding a beautiful natural glow.
- Enriched with skin nourishing ingredients.
- Gives beautiful sheen to the face that never looks greasy
- Great for keeping your skin hydrated during winter months.
- A very versatile product. You can use it before the makeup to hydrate and prep your skin for foundation, and after makeup to set it and take away powdery look.
- Those with dry skin can keep it in their purse for touch ups.
- Slight scent that lingers for a while before fading away.
- It does not make your makeup last for more hours, it just refreshens the skin and removes the cakey look. Apply it after your makeup to melt layers into one, let it dry and then apply another product(like Ben Nye Final Seal or Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist ) over it to make makeup last longer.
- Expensive for a drugstore product (15$) but you can find it on sale at 9$ at target
- The fragrant natural oils may not be suitable for very sensitive skin.
- Those with oily skin might not find it suitable.
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater
Best For:All skin types
There are a few products that we do not think we need them until we use them.
Mario Badesco Facial spray is one of those products.
Infused with refreshing rose fragrance, this spray will hydrate and relax your facial skin, leaving it supple, soft and moisturized.
Mario Badesco Facial Spray is especially for those who love or need to wear full coverage makeup but are afraid of the cakey look. Spray it on your skin after you are finished applying makeup .It will make all of the powders to sink into your skin thus effectively removing powdery or cakey look without disturbing your makeup. This product is very effective at melting makeup into your skin making it look very much skin-like. Now you do not need to worry about that cakey look.
Keep Mario Badesco Facial spray in your bag all the time and spray it over your face whenever your makeup is looking a little dull or you need a pick me up mid day.
- Very affordable
- Infused with skin nourishing ingredients
- Paraben free
- Adds glow and healthy look to the skin
- Can be used as primer, and a setting spray
- Hydrating without making skin greasy
- Prevents makeup from looking cakey.
- Lightweight cooling spary that is very refreshing.
- Hydrating,refreshing and great smelling toner.
- Rosy scent can be a problem for some.
- It might not suit some people with oily skin.
- It might cause acne.Be caustious if you are acne prone.
- Does not prolong makeup wear time. Its actually a refreshing mist that can be applied before or after you put on makeup.
Wet 'n' Wild Photofocus Setting Spray
Best for: Normal to oily skin
If you are just starting out with makeup or are on a tight budget, this is the product for you.
Wet n wild photo focus setting spray is an amazing product that melts your makeup into your skin and gives a beautiful natural skin like finish. It stays true to its claim as 10hr longwear.Now you can go to a party and dance as much as you want without worrying about your makeup because it will stay where it belongs even if you sweat and it will not transfer to clothes.
If you suffer from oily skin and your makeup oxidizes try to use it after you apply foundation and before powder .There will be no grease and no oxidation, and the makeup will stay many more hours
If your skin is very oily, spray it before you apply makeup and after youfinish makeup.this will keep your skin matte and also make the makeup stay longer. You can also use wet n wild spray to increase longevity of your lipstick.spary it over a cotton ball gently press it over your lipstick and it will make the lipstick last much longer.
- Super affordable
- Keeps makeup matte all day long
- Makes makeup transfer proof
- Cruelty free
- Easily accessible
- Excellent for spraying on brushes to pack colour on your eyelids
- Good for oily skin
- Longlasting even under hot sun
- Contains skin nourishing ingredient aloe vera to hydrate the skin
- Sets makeup well and removes powdery look
- Does not feel heavy and overly sticky
- The spray bottle does not spray evenly
- Has a slight alcohol scent
- Contains alcohol which might irritate acne prone skin
- Liquid eye liner or mascara transfers if not water proof
E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray
Average Price:(2.02 fl oz for $3)
Best For:Normal to dry
An excellent alcohol free, non-irritating spray to get rid of powdery or cakey look.
E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray is a godsend for those who have combination skin and face the problem that their foundation sticks to dry patches. If you have to put up with a problem like this , E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist can fix it.
Apply it on your face before you put on makeup it will moisturize your skin and prep it well for foundation.Apply it again after you are finished with your makeup to make all your makeup nicelty melt together.
Those with oily skin can also use it.If you use supermatte foundation to control oil,a little spray of this product will take the ashy look from your face and make it look fresh and alive.
Do not spend time making your own alcohol free setting spray in hopes of saving money when you can buy one at market at such a cheap price.
Those who are a fan of cream to powder foundations will also love it.
- Feels good and refreshing on face.
- Meshes makeup into one layer.
- Leaves a cool sensation on face.
- Cruelty free.
- Does not feel sticky and tacky when dried.
- Beautiful semi-matte finish.
- Alcohol free; good for sensitive skin.
- Enriched in vitamin E,C, green tea and cucumber.
- Takes away the ashy look formed by super matte foundations.
- Makes excess powder absorb well into skin and making it look flawless.
- Does not make makeup last longer.
- Has parabens.
- Strange odor.