- Fashion and Beauty»
- Body Art, Tattoos & Piercing
Body Piercing- Is it Weird?
Tattooing and Body Piercing- Is it weird?
Most of the youngsters are crazy behind different types of styling. For them looking stylish, and funky is as imperative as food and water and they just cannot do without it. Piercing, tattooing and wearing avant-garde attires are the way in which they express themselves. This is simply because teenage is the time when they realize about themselves and try to create a separate identity. And the best way in which they can differentiate themselves from others is through fashion. This is in fact a short lived phase and must be celebrated by the parents as this is the time when their kid is struggling to create own identity.
Parents must not feel depressed or concerned if kids want to go for shaved heads, navel or eyebrow piercings or tattooing. Just listen to your kids and guide them where ever necessary. Do not indulge in quarrels and understand their feelings. Just guide them what is right and what not. Tell them about the medical dangers associated with piercings or tattooing. For instance if a child wishes to have tattooing, tell him that it will last for whole life and the procedure of tattooing is very painful. Parents must assist the child by saying that the tattoo won’t look decent when he passes a certain age.
Some dangers attached to tattooing:
- Tattooing may lead to HIV, Hepatitis B and tuberculosis. So, it is very important to choose an artist who does tattooing on the body only after sterilizing the equipment properly after each use.
- One may get nervous stomach at the time of getting tattooed.
- People considering from haemophilia must simply give the thought of getting tattoo encrypted on their bodies.
- The tattoo can be removed from the body only with the help of laser technique. The removal procedure is even more painful. Moreover it can only be lightened but cannot be removed completely.
Dangers associated to piercings:
- Use of sterilized equipment can lead to various health problems or diseases such as HIV and tuberculosis.
- The pierced area may become swollen due to the irritation caused by piercing.
- Tongue piercing may cause teeth to break and infection in the mouth.
- It may also cause dimpling of skin if jewelry is removed from the pierced area.
- It may cause scars on the body.
So, mentioned above are the dangers attached to tattooing and piercing. Do proper research before going for any of them.