Colored Wigs & Hair Extensions - Great for Fun or Costumes!
Have Fun With Your Hair - With No Commitment Necessary!
Brightly colored wigs are one of the most fun fashion accessories that anyone can have. Whether you are wearing them for a costume, or a original look for a club or party, colored hair is the best way to show your originality and to be remembered by everyone. Whether it is a full wig or just colored clip in streaks, they certainly make you memorable.
Colored wigs are much more affordable than you might think. For a small budget, you can have a few different colors and dozens of colored streaks. It's also fun to incorporate some colored feathers in with your wig or streaks, for a very chic and different look.
If you are looking for information on colored hair, installation, styles and care, you have come to the right place. I have collected all the information you need! Let's begin.....
~photo courtesy of Amazon.com for an item sold on this page
Multi Tone Wigs - Original Look !
I love multi-tone hair and these wigs show off all the prettiest ways to have that effect today and be back to monotone tomorrow ! Have fun with your hair !!!
If it's too long, you can always trim it!
How to Put on a Wig Properly - Using a Wig Cap
Why You Need A Wig Cap
To wear a wig successfully, you must first manage your own hair. The easiest way to do that is with a wig cap. A wig cap flattens your own hair and provides a good surface for the wig to cling to, securely. There are many different kinds of wig cap, but the two best are nylon and mesh. Most people wear the nylon, but some prefer the mesh as being cooler.
Wig Cap - a must have!
Short and Straight Wigs - Many Colors
Awesome kicky look !
California Costumes Enchanted Tresses Wig
This is a gorgeous innocent look ! Would be great at a day gig, like a picnic or graduation party. Also would be a gorgeous look for a date or even shopping with the girls ! Also comes in black and purple and black and red.
How to Shampoo a Synthetic Wig, Ponytail or Hair Extensions - The Key is to be Gentle !
- ~Detangle First~
Comb through gently with a wide tooth comb. Gently work any tangles loose without tugging.,
- ~Apply the Shampoo~
With faucet at half pressure, hold the wig under the flow of lukewarm water until wet. Do not dunk in a sink full of water, it may cause tangling. Pour a small amount of shampoo directly on the hair and gently and slowly work it through the entire piece. Use your fingers, never use a comb or brush on a wet wig or hairpiece.
Rinse with cool water until all the shampoo is gone. Lay out the piece on a towel and cover with another towel. Gently press to soak up the water. Remove top towel and blot any remaining water. Never rub, squeeze or wring the hair. Never, never brush or comb a wet wig or hair piece.
- ~Condition and Let Dry~
Place on a two liter bottle or folding stand and spray sparingly with a leave-in synthetic hair conditioner, and leave alone to air dry or dry with a synthetic safe blow dryer. If you blow dry, make sure the piece is almost dry before combing or brushing.
Use only synthetic safe heat styling equipment, if you plan to iron your piece. Any other will melt the fibers. If you plan to use hair spray, make sure to use a brand specifically for synthetic hair. Once styled, leave on a Styrofoam head.
Long and Curly Wigs - Sexy and Different!
How to Wash and Dry a Synthetic Wig - How To Video
Be Remembered !
Helpful Wig Care Tips - Keep Your Wigs Beautiful
- Wash your wig, when it looks like it needs it (don't wait too long) or about every 5 to 7 wearnings.
- It is very important that you use products made especially for synthetic wigs. Products made for normal hair contain oils to condition real hair that synthetic fibers don't need and they will weigh down synthetics and ruin the look of your wig.
- While shampooing your wig, make sure to gently scrub the back on the neck and around the face, because it accumulates the most sweat, makeup and dirt.
- After washing, place your wig on a two liter bottle or tall can to dry. Putting a wet wig on a Styrofoam head can stretch the cap.
- Don't use hot water on synthetic hair, use only lukewarm or cool water. Hot water can stretch the fibers and loosen the wefts.
- Always be gentle when washing. Don't twist, tug or scrub your wig.
- Don't use heated styling equipment on your synthetic wig, unless it is specially made for use on synthetic hair. Keep your wig away from other sources of heat, like ovens, fire place, any open flame. Do not wear a synthetic wig in a hot tub or sauna.
- It is best to store your wig on a Styrofoam head, when you are not wearing it. Keeping it in a box can can incorporate bumps and curves into the wig's fibers. Never store your wig in a closed plastic bag.
Gothic Colored Wigs
California Costumes Women's Tempting Tresses Wig - Awesome Look for Clubbing
This is a really fun wig, and looks great for being so inexpensive. It also comes in red and black.
Beautiful Aqua Blue Wig - Make an Impression
What Do You Think of Colored Hair ?
What do you think of colored hair wigs or extensions ?
Mega Hot Smart Heat Nano Ceramic Curling Iron - 1 1/4" Barrel - Safely Curl Synthetic Hair !!
This curling iron is made with exclusive Smart Heat technology. This innovative iron has four settings to cover all types of hair, even synthetic!
The four Smart Heat settings are:
Coarse - for thick hair
Medium - for normal hair
Fine - Thin or fine hair
Synthetic - Synthetic hair extensions or wigs
The new technology in this curling iron allows you to curl synthetic hair without any damage to the individual fibers. Simply use as you would on your own hair on synthetic wigs, ponytails or hair extensions.