jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should One Wear A Black Suit To An Interview?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Should One Wear A Black Suit To An Interview?

2. formerbronxboy profile image56
    formerbronxboyposted 7 years ago

Why not, you aren't going to a funeral. Relax.

3. Buffoon profile image76
    Buffoonposted 7 years ago

You tempt me to write a hub as long as my arm to answer this smile Maybe that was your intention, to tempt someone?

Short answer is: Depends on the black suit (fabric, cut), and it depends what type of shirt and tie you wear with it (and of course the shoes and belt), but fundamentally it depends on the job you're interviewing for.

I'm thinking, a PR position in a hip club, you wouldn't frown if the interviewee appears with a black suit. Would you? Then again, you'd probably frown if the position was high school teacher.

4. profile image49
    himisterbposted 7 years ago

no where some ting confortable nothing loud

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 7 years ago

Black is generally a very formal color in men's wear. Charcoal gray suits or navy suits are preferred for interviews. The idea is to go dark without going black. But never say never. If you're going to be bold and wear a black suit, just have the bold and charming personality to go with it.

6. tashasmith profile image55
    tashasmithposted 7 years ago

As we know black suit formally see in funeral, wedding, office or in any occasion.. as long you're comfortable to wear it in your interview it doesn't matter give your best shot and little advice don't forget to SMILE

working