jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

My hair is extremely slow to grow. Any ideas on what I can do to make it grow f

1. SummerSurf profile image60
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

My hair is extremely slow to grow.  Any ideas on what I can do to make it grow faster?

2. Naomi's Banner profile image79
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago

Eating healthy is a sure way to speed up the growth of your hair. Eating food high in beta carotene will help give your hair a boost and your nails as well.  Lots of fresh fruits and vegatables are a plus and if you can eat nuts, eat a variety of nuts in small portions.

3. JessicasPulse profile image74
    JessicasPulseposted 6 years ago

I've always heard that if you get a trim, your hair will grow faster. Not sure why but I have been told that my whole life.

4. profile image0
    joekreydtposted 6 years ago

I heard Jell-o helps hair grow. I guess there's protein in it or something.

5. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Nothing external will help it grow faster. Eat a good, balanced diet with an extra dietary supplement of biotin, drink lots of water, and exercise regularly. It's also extremely important to treat your hair well as it's growing, or it's just going to split and break off rather than grow any longer (and it sounds like this may actually be your problem). I go into deep detail on proper hair treatment here:

http://wychic.hubpages.com/hub/Starting … althy-Hair

To put it in perspective -- when I first started implemented good healthy hair practices, my hair had stalled out at mid-back and I couldn't figure out why. Now it's mid-thigh and continuing to grow, and it all looks like the picture at the bottom of that hub.

6. SummerSurf profile image60
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

Thanks for all the help so far.  I'm thinking of getting a trim and taking some biotin supplements.  Looks like I'm in for a visit  to the local health food store smile  I eat lots of fruit and veg already, but maybe I'm not getting enough protein so the Jell-o sounds like an interesting idea...although I'm not sure how easy it'd be to try smile  I'll also have a look into Beto Carotene and what foods I should increase my intake of.

7. mrivers12 profile image60
    mrivers12posted 6 years ago

Getting regular trims every 4-6 weeks can help stop the spread of split ends and will make your hair feel healthier as well. Limiting use of styling tools such as flat irons and chemical treatments such as bleaching can also reduce damage to the hair. If you must use a flat iron, use a liquid heat protectant to guard the hair against damage. Letting your hair air dry versus using a blow dryer will also help, as well as wearing your hair down versus in a pony tail because pony tails can cause breakage. Protein treatments can be used to help restore already damaged hair and a healthy diet is important to a healthy body, including hair.