jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How can I prevent my tattoos from fading?

1. kyork profile image58
    kyorkposted 5 years ago

How can I prevent my tattoos from fading?

I just got a beautiful blackbird cluster tattoo on my collarbone/shoulder/chest area a week ago. They were done perfectly and I was so happy with them.They've just finished healing completely, however, and they look like crap. The problem is that when I would go to sleep they would stick to my nightshirt, and to my sheets if I was shirtless. Also my bra strap would rub on them. I'm having them touched up this week, is there any way to prevent the fading from happening all over again? The picture is from just hours after it was done.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7186323_f260.jpg

2. profile image56
    physicsgarageposted 5 years ago

just by covering your tatoos in the sunlight you can prevent them from fading.{reason-ultravoilet rays of sun breaks atoms of tatoo ink inside your skin making them fade }

1. kyork profile image58
      kyorkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree that keeping my ink out of the sunlight will help, but the problem was clothing sticking to it, not the sun.

3. tussin profile image60
    tussinposted 5 years ago

You're simply going to have to adjust your wardrobe until the ink is more settled in.  You might ask the parlor for advice.  If they tattoo people's butts, I assume those people still wear underwear and pants during the day, so there must be something you can put between your skin and your clothes.

working