How can you figure out correct bra size? What is the longest lasting bra brand?

1. VirginiaLynne profile image98
    VirginiaLynneposted 5 years ago

How can you figure out correct bra size? What is the longest lasting bra brand?

I've recently lost weight and need to buy new bras.  I want to buy a good brand.  So I'like suggestions on good quality bras. What is the best way to figure out the right size? A friend who worked at Victoria's secret once told me but I've forgotten.

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

One method is measuring below the breast then in the middle of them. You subtract the below measurement from the midbreast measurement. If there is a difference of 2 that makes you a B, 3 a C and so on. While many women say that way works for them, it has never worked for me. After I had my daughter the lady in Belk measured me like this and told me I needed an A cup. Which was quite funny because I was wearing a D I was popping out of. I prefer the go try them on method. At least then you know you will be getting the right size. Victoria Secret is very helpful in helping find the right size and while their bras are costly they always last me a while.

3. renegadetory profile image99
    renegadetoryposted 5 years ago

I honestly don't remember the formula, so to speak.  I know that for years I was wearing the wrong size bra... I was wearing B when I was actually a C.  The reason I discovered this was a trip to La Senza and a very European sales lady with no personal boundaries that came into my dressing room after I tried on a new bra, spun me around and said with a thick accent, "You not wearing right size bra."

She then brought me the right sized bras and wow!  What a difference!  All I can say is go check out a really good lingerie store and get fitted properly by someone who knows what they're doing!