jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Does the color reflect our mood and state of mind?

1. dghbrh profile image78
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

Does the color reflect our mood and state of mind?

The dress you wear, is that has got anything to reflect the mood you are in?

2. Greenlily profile image86
    Greenlilyposted 5 years ago

Yes, I think so and I am speaking for myself. I am basically a happy, positive and contended person so I love happy colors such as yellow, orange, apple green and all other bright colors as well. My most favorite is green which symbolizes and reflects my contentment and glorious hope,

dghbrhposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Many thanks for sharing your view about colors.

3. factsknowing profile image68
    factsknowingposted 5 years ago

this depends on your sensitivity about colours.

Thank you for your kind reply here.

4. PaisleeGal profile image78
    PaisleeGalposted 5 years ago

Color does affect your mood and mind set. There have been studies done on this several years ago. After reading about this I set about to do some test myself. In a room with mild pastel colors people are calmer and more at ease. In a setting with darker colors such as reds people are more aggressive. You will find that most restaurants use darker colors because it makes people more hungry. Dentist offices painted in pastel melons and soft mauve the patients are calmer. Classrooms are often painted in cool greens and some blues because of the calming effect.

For myself when I am going through a rough patch in my life I notice I tend to wear darker tones. And during happier times I noticed I will wear brighter, cheery colors. If you notice people around you, it will become evident which ones are more positive minded simply by the clothes they usually wear.

Many thanks for your kind view here.

5. jasmineeden profile image59
    jasmineedenposted 5 years ago

yes of course color reflect the mood and change your mood because lot of colors have a its own charm, attraction and its own meaning.

Thank you very much.

working