jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

creating perfumes scrubs and soaps

1. jfay2011 profile image60
    jfay2011posted 5 years ago

I am starting to create some perfumes and soaps and scrubs.  It's lots of fun.  i just edited a hub about this today and started adding some fun recipes if anyone wants to look at them and try them out.  Have fun and get messy.  And then smell nice.

1. freecampingaussie profile image31
      freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you thought about making them to sell at markets ?

2. freecampingaussie profile image31
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

It is always fun creating new things, my husband made candles for a while & I loved the rabbit ones he made !
    I enjoy being creative with my photos but would love to be good with my hands.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5540136_f248.jpg

jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I might try selling some next year at a craft show maybe.  I'm learning how to do it right now and am getting my feet wet.  I just made my first batch of soap today with out the girls around.  It was pretty easy.  i tried a batch with peppermint, eucalyptus, orange citrus, and mint herbs from my garden.  i also added just a little oil and some aloe.  It seemed pretty easy and now they are in molds hardening.  It was fun.  i've never tried making candles.  I bet that would be fun too.  I let my girls make the perfume and sugar scrubs.  i'm not sure if i'm going to let them do the soaps.  My ex didn't want them to.  I might let them sometime though as long as they know I'm incharge of the cooking part and then they can come in after and mix in their scents and put the cooled stuff into the molds.  It didn't seem super messy.

1. freecampingaussie profile image31
        freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am sure it will go well for you and the girls will enjoy helping you with the markets more if they had a part in making them and a share in the $$$ !

jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

right

working