- Fashion and Beauty
The Ultimate Gemstone, Diamond
Diamonds are the hardest substance found in the nature. Diamond(10 mohs scale) is four times harder than the next hardest natural mineral, corundum (9 mohs scale). Diamonds are the most lustrous of true gems. Only 20 percent of mined diamonds are used in jewelry, as most are unsuitable. Believe in tradition, diamond's powers only work when given freely from one person to another. It was thought to ensure love and harmony and dispel anger. For that reason, diamond has a very popular usage for engagement rings. Also, Diamond has been used to counteract poison, to aid the metabolism and improve eye sight.
- Hardness: Diamond is a perfect "10", defining the top of the hardness scale
- Chemistry: C, Elemental Carbon
- Thermal Conductivity: Diamond conducts heat better than anything - five times better than the second best element, Silver!
- The most known diamond is colorless one. However, it has quite variable fancy colors such as yellow, brown, black, reddish.
- diamond is easily distinguished from all the others by immense hardness. Zircon, the only natural gem that comes close in fire and luster to diamond, is softer and has a strong double refraction.
- Increase personal clarity
When it was a rough one, its weighed 755 carats and discovered in premier mine, in south Africa in 1985. The golden jubilee is presented to the king of Thailand in 1997. Prior to this event, the stone was known as unnamed brown. The color of the stone has been graded as fancy yellow-brown. Estimated value is about $10 million. In the reality, the stone was not publicized and we dont have much more information about it. The last information is that Thailand government reported the stone as being a large golden topaz so as not to irritate the citizens (Thailand has been in financial trouble some years now)
Diamond ring duel :)
How important do you think buying diamond ring as a wedding/engagement ring ?