Home Made Oil That Worked for Me
Homemade Oil That Worked For Me!
After the birth of my 2nd child, my hair started falling like crazy and my scalp felt like a cactus because of dead skin cells and dandruff!
Of course I went to a doctor first and followed her recommendations and all. Then one day I was searching for solution of my hair problem on the Internet and found a video. That video had over a million views. It was a homemade hair oil tutorial, which worked beautifully for me.
That homemade oil filled with goodness, contained three natural ingredients. Pure coconut oil, neem leaf and pure aloe vera.
I'll tell you how I made it. But first, let's take a look at the beneficial sides of these ingredients.
Coconut oil (pure) for hair :
- It stimulates hair growth getting deep into its follicles.
- Prevents hair breakage and split ends, which helps your hair to grow happily!
- Adds softness and shine to the hair. - It helps scalp health fighting against problems like dandruff, dead skin cells and lice.
Neem leaves for hair:
- It's anti bacterial properties help to treat dry scalp, dandruff, and hair fall issues.
- It contains protein (7.1 %), carbohydrates (22.9 %), minerals, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin C, carotene etc.
- Neem leaves and it's constituents have been demonstrated to exhibit immunomodulators anti-inflammatory, antiulcer, antimalarial, antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, antioxidants and so on.
Aloe Vera for hair:
- Contains helpful plant compounds.
- Antioxidants and antibacterial properties.
- Accelerates the healing and growth process.
- Acts as a great conditioner.
- Prevents itching on scalp.
- Contains proteolytic enzymes which repairs dead skin cells on scalp.
The way I made it:
Step 1 -
I took about a cup of pure coconut oil in an aluminum bowl, heated the oil in double boiler method in low heat for about ten minutes.
Step 2 -
I mixed a handful of neem leaf, washed with water, into the boiling coconut oil. I steered it with a spoon for about the next ten minutes. The heat should remain low through the entire process or else it would burn the mixture.
Step 3 -
After that I mixed cubed aloe vera leaf, washed of course, in the bowl of mixture. You have to be careful with the leaf because it may contain small sharp spikes on the each side of the leaf. The spikes must be cut off before slicing the leaf. Then I mixed the aloe vera in the bowl and steered it for another ten minutes.
The whole thing would take about thirty minutes. After that you can turn off the heat and let it cool down slowly. After cooling the mixture, get rid of the leaves and store the liquid in a glass container. The mixture turned into a light green liquid when I made it. You can store it for about five months.
Apply it once or twice a week or even more if you can. You can oil your hair at night and shampoo the next day, I did it this way.
After using only two times, my dandruff and dead skin cells on scalp vanished like a magic! But it didn't work out for my husband's scalp that much. I don't know what types of hair we have, but it is certain that the mixture won't work for everyone in an exact same way.
Before using, I hope you will make sure if you are allergic to any of the ingredients or not.
And I hope it works for everyone.
Feel free to make any suggestions or share your views on the comment section. It'll be my pleasure to know any recommendations too.
Thank you for reading.
© 2019 Jannat Hossain