- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair»
Sexy Long Bob Haircuts
The Classic Bob Haircut
Bob haircuts are as old as the hills and never seem to go out of style. They just change lengths. The current trend of long bob haircuts are sleek, sexy and versatile. Movie stars and celebrities are sporting these cool haircuts and they look great. Nice thing about this style of hairdo is that almost everyone can look good in it because it suits most face shapes.
Great Hair Starts With the Cut
Unlike the short bobs of the early 1920s, today's trendy bob is usually a blunt cut that ends at the top of the shoulders. If you have straight hair, then this can be a naturally easy hairstyle to wear. Those of us with curly hair can either adapt the style to compliment our curls or we can straighten our hair.
Bob Haircut with Finger Wave
Long Bob Basics
As I said before, long bob haircuts are sleek and classy. Not only that but they can be trimmed and kept to any length that you like. The bob haircut never goes out of style, either. The ease of caring for it is its trademark.
This long hair cut can be worn with or without bangs. I don't personally look good in bangs, so it would be a uni-length with a part in the middle or on the side for me.
You can give these modern haircuts different looks for different times. Soften the style around the bottom and sides, or keep it sleek like this hairdo is best known for. The versatility of this 'do also allows for flipping, curling, updo's, pony tails....pretty much anything, thanks to its length.
One thing to keep in mind if you are considering one of these long bob haircuts, hairstyle experts recommend this cut for thin and medium hair. If you have very thick hair, this may not be the best type of haircut for you.
A Long Hair Cut is Versatile
Style Tips for Long Bob Haircuts
Cleopatra wore a bob. I read somewhere a long time ago, that she used cat urine to make her hair hold its style. Thankfully, that is no longer necessary. Styling and maintaining the latest haircuts can be done pretty easily and with much better smelling products than cat urine.
If you've never had a long bob before, don't be afraid to ask your hairdresser for styling tips or to show you how to maintain the basic look that you want.
Long Bob Haircuts are Easy Care
Tips for Straight Style Bobs
- Use a round rolling brush when drying your hair. Roll under, regardless of whether or not you plan on wearing it flipped up
- Apply mousse or gel to towel dried hair before styling
- If you want more volume, lift the hair at the roots
- Finish styling with a curling iron to smooth and flip the ends up or down. Hairspray lightly.
Curling Irons for Long Bob Haircuts
Tips for Curly Bobs
- Apply mousse or gel to towel dried hair before styling and work through with fingers
- Using a diffuser, blow dry your hair, scrunching as you go. Be careful not to overdo the scrunching, lest you make it fuzzy. If you have naturally curly hair, you know what I'm talking about
- Use your large barrel curling iron to tame any wayward curls, or to add curls if your hair is naturally straight
- Give your freshly styled bob a light coat of hairspray and you're done
Good Hair is Fun
I think you get the idea now that long bob haircuts are easy, versatile classics. Why not try one of these cute haircuts yourself. Don't forget to play with your new hairstyle and dress it up with bands, clips, whatever is fun to you. You'll look as great as your new hairdo will feel.