Mens Walking Shoes
Mens Walking Shoes
Need a good pair of Mens Walking Shoes? Whether the weather is too hot?, or if you have a spot of arthritis? walking is probably one of your best options in keeping relatively fit. But what you want to make sure off is that you have a pair of good shoes. Below you shall find a nice across the board selection of which I hope shall meet with your approval.
Get a pair of the Best Mens Walking Shoes that are on today's market, go for a stroll and start to increase your energy level while decreasing your stress level. My choice is the ASICS, have a pair and loving them.
This low impact exercise will certainly help as long as you don the right attire!
Image is from Amazon.com, and item is sold here.
When choosing a pair of Mens Walking Shoes, make sure they are known for their comfort. Pick a pair that has good arch support with a firm heel, and has good thick flexible soles for cushioning of your feet and to absorb any shock. Remember-You get what you pay for!
Brooks Men's Addiction Walker V-Strap Walking Shoes
With over fifty positive five star reviews this is not a shoe to be sniffed at. This is a fairly new addition that comes with first-feel MoGo midsole cushioning, a more supple full-grain leather upper, strong support, and reliable slip resistant outsole. The V-Strap is very convenience, simply hook-and-loop the straps and your on your way!
Walking for Fitness
What's the Benefits?
A low-impact exercise with lots of health benefits. Walking can help you to:
1.Llower your low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (that's the "bad" cholesterol)
2. Been known to raise your high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (that's the "good" cholesterol)
3. Lowers your blood pressure
4. Can reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes
5. Controls/manages your weight
6. Increases your energy level
7. Decreases your stress level
8. t motivates you
9. Improves your sleeping.
They recommend you walk for about 30 - 60 minutes a day, four to five days a week.
New Balance Men's MW956 Country Walking Shoe
Visit the great outdoors with these men's new balance walking shoes, the upper section has a nice relaxed and rugged fit and you get a nice comfortable ride when treading the adventurous rough ground! Fitted with a mesh collar to ensure maximum breathability, good all round waterproof protection and can even keep you comfortable and dry in light snow conditions!
New Balance Men's MW956 Country Walking Shoe
Over two hundred positive five star reviews, this is a fine shoe, made from leather, mesh, with rubber soles and will provide a relaxed yet rugged fit, a nice walk lies ahead with this one.
Skechers Men's Shape-Ups XT Rendition Fitness Shoe
So far so good, all five star reviews and good responses, well Sketchers does make pretty good footwear!
A high quality shoe with leather/mesh and a rubber sole. The firm density in the midsole gives nice support, stability and absorbs the shock to deliver that ultimate fitness feeling.
Some of the best Mens Walking Shoes that you will come across! But choose wisely, before you select, why not visit a reputable store that sells these types of shoes along with good advice and who will guide you in the right direction, after all, you only have one pair of feet. You may wish to check out: walking.about.com some great advise is just a click of the mouse away!
Brooks Men's Ghost 6 Shoes
These are actually advertised as running shoes, however, are highlighted as one of the best mens walking shoes, It won the Runner's World Editor's Choice Award for Fall, 2013.
Those walkers who have a neutral gait will like these flat, flexible, and lightweight shoes. Provided with just enough cushioning for that comfort zone and yet keeping it lights.
Although predominantly a runners shoe, there is always that cross-over that covers the requirements for both runner and walker.
Over one hundred and eighty five star customer reviews.
Brooks Men's Glycerin 11 Shoes
Another great running shoe that is also ideal for the walker who looks for comfort when on long treks. Understandably walkers need less cushioning than the runner as they have less impact force on the knees and feet but why not grab it if it's there for that ultimate comfort and improved walk.
This one has over sixty five star customer reviews and comes in at a reasonable price.
Skechers Men's Go 2 Walking Shoe - New Arrival
The Skechers Go 2 walking shoes are nice and light, breathable and slip on and off with ease as well as great flexibility. Got myself a couple of pairs, one blue and one grey, great for casual wear, and believe me you can certainly feel the difference, the cool air glides through the shoe keeping your feet cool and nice and dry, as well as being nice and comfortable, a must for all this warm weather.
They have 4 way stretch mesh on the upper level for ultimate flexibility and ensures natural walking gait. Mesh panel lateral support.
An amazing One Thousand + Five Star Positive Reviews.
Rockport Men's World Tour Classic Walking Shoe
Comes in around six different colors, made from leather with a Synthetic sole, smart enough to wear around the office and I certainly recommend these shoes, take it from me they are comfortable, smart and easy on the feet, I have two pairs myself and am loving them.
These shoes have a staggering five hundred + five star reviews, now how could you ignore them!
How to Avoid Injuries!
- Firstly always start slow and easy - No need to rush into things, take your time, enjoy. Remember to contact your Doctor for a check-up or consultation if your just starting out.
- Use proper walking technique - My personal trainer always corrects me, you must maintain good posture, this helps with your breathing and helps avoid back pains.
- Wearing the right attire - Your clothes need to be comfortable and loose fitting, this allows for good movement. Check the weather, you may wish to add an extra layer of clothing if it's cold, easy to remove when things start to warm up. Remember your sunglasses, this will help prevent UV exposure when walking in the sun.
- Warm up - experts say you should warm up for approximately 5 - 10 minutes at an easy pace, this allows your muscles to warm-up prior to stretching. Also a good time to adjust your attire and make any necessary adjustments.
- Stretching - Find a good sturdy structure that shall support you during stretching exercises. Stretching slowly elongating the muscles through their full range of motion. My Master at the Taekwondo Studio has us stretching our muscles for no less than 30 seconds each group.
- Cool Down - Slow down to an easy walking pace during the last 5-10 minutes of your walk. You may want to repeat the stretching exercises that you conducted for the warm-up.
Propet Men's M3850 Washable Moc Walking Shoe
I don't have these myself as I purchased something similar before discovering them, unfortunately mine were a little more expensive and had I saw these first I certainly would have made the purchase.
They come in around four great colors, are washable, leather with a rubber sole with a removable insole.
They are fashionable, stylish and come in at a nice price along with over one hundred and fifty five star rating reviews, certainly a nice one to consider.
Men's Renegade II GTX LO - Classic Hiking Shoes
A little bit on the expensive side but one heck of a shoe. This is primarily a Trail shoes that provides good all round stability, nice traction with protection for when walking on those uneven surfaces.
Choose wisely! There are various types of shoe, you have Casual, Cross Trainer, Trail Runner and Road Runner, so which one do you pick, well, basically you can walk in running shoes, but trying to run in walking shoes is a different story, how so? well running shoes do a pretty good job when walking in them, basically because of the cushioning, there lightweight and beatable and more so, most of them nowadays have pretty good built in motion control and or stability technology.
So how should you pick a shoe, well the easy way out is consult an expert, but if your going alone try these little test out;
1. Grab the heel and toe of the shoe, bend the toe upwards, the shoe should bend around the ball of the foot.
2. Give the shoe sole a twist, again from the heel to the toe, if it feels spongy or there is a lot of resistance when twisting, you may want to try another, in general you would be looking for a light to moderate resistance.
3. Try it on now, walk up and down, if it fits well and feels comfortable, that may be the one for you!
Some Alternatives to Walking Shoes!
Some great hiking and backpacking boots here! You have breathability, comfort, waterproof, shock absorption, rugged, sporty and stylish, all at a very nice and reasonable price!
Salomon Men's Quest 4D GTX Backpacking Boot
A serious boot for all those serious backpackers out there. Over three hundred positive five star reviews.
Teva Men's Raith Mid eVent Waterproof Hiking Boot
Another nice boot for all you hikers out there, some nice reviews.
Vote for your Mens Walking Shoes!
What Mens Walking Shoes will you be getting?
Adidas Outdoor Terrex Fast X Mid GTX Hiking Boot
A nice hiking boot with a nice price tag, received over forty positive five star reviews.
Good grip by TRAXION, waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® lining; comes with that ever popular speed lacing capability and the ADIPRENE+ in the forefoot gives you good propulsion and efficiency, a nice outdoor boot.