- Fashion and Beauty»
Womens Robes: Buying the Perfect Robe
Review Your Options
Fluffy, comfy, short, sexy, there are so many different styles of robes that picking out the right one for yourself can become quite a dizzying feat. That's why I, a self-acclaimed robe conosur, am here to help you along in picking out the perfect robe.
Now let's figure out exactly what you're looking for... This will help you figure out what robe style is best for your lifestyle.
Short or Long
Length is a huge factor to consider when shopping for your perfect robe. Let's think of the pros and cons of both short and long robes.
Long Robe :
- Long robes are best for individuals who want an over-sized, blanket-like robe.
- If you're looking for something more conservative, a long robe is a much better option.
- The longer the robe is, the warmer it will be as well.
- It's always the perfect length for everyone.
- Short robes are better for warmer climates.
- If you want something that can also be considered sexy, short is the way to go.
- If you're tall, some robes may be too short, so find one that suits your height.
Get too warm
Ties untie easily
Usually don't have pockets
Fluffy or Slinky?
Like I've been saying, robes come in a huge variety of styles. Determining whether you want long or short is important to your personal robe enjoyment, however, this simply question of fluffy or slinky crucial when making your final decisions.
Fluffy robes are comfy, over-sized robes that you can bundle up in, usually made of fabrics like cotton, chenille, or terry. They're great for lounging around the house, especially if it's cold outside. I personally like to keep one handy for when the house is a bit drafty because they act like a blanket, but better! You don't have to always worry about a robe falling off your shoulders and such.
Slinky robes are entirely different than fluffy robes. They're usually made from silk, satin, or charmeuse, all very shiny, smooth fabrics. Essentially that means he won't be able to keep his hands off you. These fabrics are what set the two types of robes apart. Rather than being over-sized and blanket-like, slinky robes cling to your body, giving you a much more sexy silhouette. (My husband's personal favorite)
Still not sure which style suits you best? Here are some questions to ponder:
- Do I want something for warmth?
- Do I plan on wearing this robe year-round?
- Will I wear this robe around the house or only in the bedroom?
- What's more important to me, sex-appeal or comfort?
- Do I live in warm or cool climates?
Answering these questions will help you find the perfect robe for you.