Home-made Body Detox: How to use Seaweed Wrap?
What are the Health Benefits of Seaweed Body Wrap?
Seaweed body wraps are gaining extensive popularity; they provide the widest range of essential nutrients and contain virtually all the minerals that are found in the sea. Here are some health benefits,
- Body wraps boost physical health, enhance mental well being, suffuse you with tranquility and bring the body to equilibrium.Seaweed relaxes tensed muscles, does away with weariness, stress and exhaustion, perks up blood circulation.In general, body wraps are easy, fun, nourishing and balancing.
- Body wraps usually improve lymphatic and circulatory flow, which in turn helps to cleanse the tissues and aids in detoxification.It reinstates vigor and vitality, regulates capillary activity and makes you feel revived.
- The seaweed wrap helps get rid of the dead skin cells and boosts the replacement of new cells; this makes the skin smoother and softer; thus thwarting the onslaught of ageing.
- Seaweed body wraps are also gaining fame as weight loss body wraps. This body wrap helps shed pounds of surplus and superfluous weight and help achieve a sense of general wellness.
Ingredients of a Sea Weed Body Wrap to help in weight and inch loss
Seaweed wraps detoxify the body, get rid of grease, dirt and grime, nurture the skin, provide the body with a liberal dose of vital minerals, and leaves you feeling pampered and cared for. The ingredients are required for a detox herbal body wrap or seaweed body wrap:
- Cup of natural clay
- Juice of 4 to 5 limes/ lemons
- ½ cup kelp powder
- ½ cup dulse powder
- A glass of warm water
- Gauze pieces
How to use Seaweed Therapy at Home?
Here’s how you can have a seaweed body wrap at home:
- Blend the natural clay, kelp and dulse powder, lime juice and warm water, and make a paste.
- First, using a soft bristled-brush, exfoliate your skin thoroughly. Dry brushing boosts circulation and eliminates dead cells and grime effectively. Alternatively you can use a scrub to help remove dead skin. Don't rub the skin too hard as it injure the delicate skin and also increase the risk of developing allergies.
- Thereafter, wet your skin, and apply the paste over your body. While applying the paste ensure that the application is done unidirectional. Also ensure that the consistency of the paste is uniform.
- Start with the feet and legs; once the legs have been covered with the paste, wrap them with gauze. Let the gauze fit comfortably; it should not be too tight.
- Then, apply the paste to the abdomen and back. Likewise, wrap these as well. While wraping yourself remember not to wrap too tight, since that can interfere with blood flow and in turn impact the overall objective.
- Then, apply the paste over the arms and the neck; and wrap up.
- Lastly, cover the face, scalp and hair; and wrap.
- Spread out a few towels and lie down for half an hour and relax.
- Unwrap and shower; first with warm water and then with cold water. Don't try to scrub the skin too hard while attempting to remove the clay. Use a dry towel to dab the skin after you have removed all the clay.
How Sea Weed Body wrap helps to Lose Inches?
Research suggests that there is a strong relationship between accumulation of toxins in the body and weight gain. Under normal conditions,when toxins get accumulated in the body, the body natural protective response is to surround the toxins/ waste products by adipose tissue ( i.e. fat cells) to prevent them from circulating in the blood or having deterimental effect on the tissue cells.
When we attempt to lose weight, the adipose tissue surrounding these toxins doesn't disintegrated easily. Sea weed body wrap aids in the speedy and complete sluicing off of toxins and accrued toxic wastes from the body.
Once the built up wastes have been washed out, the metabolic rate gets a boost, as these adipose tissue cells get freed up and this in turn stimulates natural and quick weight loss.
It facilitates shedding of unwanted and superfluous fat and promotes effective inch loss. Using a body wrap once a month will generate far-reaching and sweeping health benefits.