- Fashion and Beauty
The black leather handbag that takes me everywhere
When I was last looking for a good and serviceable handbag, I had several important criteria and the bag that you see here fits the bill perfectly. My first consideration was - I admit - looks. I needed something that would look good when I'm in business meetings but would also work for more casual use.
As soon I saw this, I loved the design and it fitted the appearance requirements exactly,particularly because it has a detachable shoulder strap; that makes it great for travelling.
But I also needed a bag that would hold a whole lot of stuff - I have no idea how women manage with those tiny clutches today.
You see, to me the well-equipped purse should hold everything for just about every eventuality. If you know that you have everything with you, then you'll never have that panicky 'what have I forgotten' moment.
So something with plenty of room was required but nothing to big and cumbersome to carry around. (In other words, the handbag version of Dr Who's Tardis). I like to know that I've got everything to hand. I think that's because life can be so unexpected sometimes.
This comes in two sizes and, believe it or not, I have the smaller one of the two but I promise you that I can go away for a weekend with just this bag. (Yes, I have a secret packing method that I'll be writing about soon and linking here).
And whether you're going on a business trip, a beach getaway for a few days or a city break, once this bag is properly packed, it's all I need.
I love the black because it goes with absolutely everything but it's also available in a natural brown, a deep red and a luxuriously rich burgundy.
What's in My Bag.
WHAT'S IN MY BAG
- Make up bag containing lipstick, powder, mascara, eye shadow palette and perfume.
- Bracelets and a coordinating necklace in the colors I wear most, just in case I suddenly need to be more 'dressy'.
- Passport (you never know!), emery board, sewing kit, hair scrunchy, mini-moisturizer, deodorant. (That black round thing is a folding hairbrush with mirror. Very useful).
- The dongle thingy that make my phone into a credit card machine. If someone wants to give me a deposit for work, I want to be prepared!
- Multi-purpose cloth - sometimes a face flannel but the one pictured is actually on of those Swiffer sheets. You never know when you'll have to wipe up a mess or clean something.
- Wallet with ID cards, money, small pen.
- Sunglasses. Not shown are my keys and my absolutely essential must-take-everywhere item - the phone (I was taking the photograph with it).
I love this. The hairbrush and the mirror fold into a compact circle, the size of a very small hamburger bun. It takes up hardly any room and I can brush my hair at any time. The mirror is handy for checking or applying makeup - it's just the right size for the job.
I use this bag as my everyday handbag - going to the grocery store, attending meetings, it's in use every day. So you can tell that it's not large or heavy.
But I can also go away for a long weekend - or even longer - using just this one bag.
How? See the link below.
- Travel wear for women in business
It's been proved in studies that most people over-pack when they travel. But it can be easy to travel light with these tips and suggested products from a top London fashion editor.
- Reversible Clothing: Perfect for Travel
Do you always pack too much when you're going on a trip? In this article, a top fashion editor shows you how to pack light but still have multiple outfits. The answer is to use reversible clothing.
- Travel Light: Packing Tips
Thanks to the knowledge gained from Caroline, a friend who is a fashion editor, I can go on a trip of several days with no suitcase, just my regular handbag. At one time, I'd be terribly disorganised when packing for a vacation, trip or getaway. I'd.
© 2013 Jackie Jackson