- Fashion and Beauty
Two tone Michael Kors watch MK5057
Get ready to be noticed in this chic Michael Kors two tone watch
You'll be blown away when you open the box and see this gorgeous two tone Michael Kors watch in person. It looks a lot more expensive than it is. And you'll feel like a million bucks with this piece of wearable art on your wrist!
Besides being elegant timepieces, Michael Kors watches are made to last. They're manufactured by Fossil, an esteemed company that also produces designer watches for Armani, Burberry, DKNY, Skagen and Lagerfeld. Michael Kors watches are backed by a generous two year warranty.
Read on for an in-depth review and a couple of tips on sizing and maintaining your chic Michael Kors two tone watch.
All images from Amazon.com
Review of two tone Michael Kors watch MK5057
Why I think this Michael Kors watch is special
- It looks like a boyfriend watch with its large face (38 mm). Makes a bold statement but will not overwhelm a smaller wrist. Besides being beautiful to look at, the large face is easy to read.
- The weight is nice. It feels like a substantial piece without being too heavy. It has the look and feel of a much more expensive watch.
- The face is real mother of pearl and glows with a subtle iridescence.
- Clear crystals are used as hour markers and give just the right amount of sparkle.
- The textured bezel provides another dimension of shimmer.
- More than just a timepiece, the MK5057 also functions as a stopwatch (more on that below). But even if you don't use that feature, the three little subdials on the face just make the design more interesting.
- The highly-polished two tone stainless steel band looks like a really expensive bracelet. The silver and gold combination will go with virtually every other piece of jewelry you own. And if you like to mix metals, this watch ties everything together.
- The watch is waterproof to 100 meters (333 feet) and can actually be used for diving. Personally though, I would prefer sitting by the pool with a cocktail while wearing this fabulous Michael Kors watch!
Bottom line: Treat yourself to this Michael Kors two tone chronograph watch. You'll be glad you did.
What is a chronograph watch
One unique feature of the MK5057 two tone Michael Kors watch is that it's a chronograph. And that just means this watch can also be used as a stopwatch without interfering with normal timekeeping.
The three little dials on the face are for the chronograph and they keep track of the seconds, minutes and hours. One of the buttons next to the stem operates the chronograph. Pressing the button makes it start, stop and return to zero. Detailed instructions come with the watch. Chronograph watches are more valuable than standard watches.
How to size this two tone Michael Kors watch
This watch can accommodate up to a 7 to 7.5" wrist, but most likely you will need to have the band made smaller. The simplest way to size it is to take the watch to a jeweler and have them remove some of the links. Normally they can do this while you wait and they charge a nominal fee.
The process of removing links is simple. It involves taking out the tiny pins that hold the links together. It's possible to size the band yourself, but I don't recommend that unless you have the right tools because you might accidentally scratch the watch or lose the pins. But if you really want to try it, watch the video below to learn how to remove links from a metal watch band.
How to clean and remove scratches from the stainless steel watch band
Every now and then you'll want to clean your stainless steel watch band. Here are a couple of ways to do this. One way is to dampen a soft cloth with water and wipe the watch band. Another way is to dampen the cloth with white vinegar and rub all the surfaces of the band to remove body oil, fingerprints and bacteria.
After the band has dried, rub a small amount of olive oil onto it with a cloth. Wipe off the excess oil. Your stainless steel watch band will shine like new.
To minimize the possibility of getting scratches on your watch, I recommend not layering it with bracelets. Even with the best of care, however, you may end up with some minor scratches. Those can be buffed out with metal polish and a clean soft cloth. This BlueMagic metal polish is a good one to choose.
Here are similar Michael Kors watches
If you love the MK5057, you might also like these Michael Kors chronograph watches in different colors.