Create Amazing Posts With These 50 Attention-Grabbing Blog Title Examples
How to Write Blog Titles
Have you ever wondered how to write headlines that readers can't resist? The formula is simple yet difficult. Clickbait headlines are used all over social media because they are effective at enticing people to click through. Why? because they invoke an emotion, spark curiosity, make you want to take action or invoke controversy.
Some of these tactics are less than scrupulous and often lead to spammy, "fake news" kind of material. So, how do you use the same tactics but in a way that doesn't seem just a bit slimy?
The answer is you ensure that your title matches the content of your post and that your post provides clear, relevant information your readers are looking for. When you write your posts and the corresponding titles remember as a blogger or content developer your writing isn't about "you", it's about your readers and meeting their needs.
So, appeal to their need to solve a problem or answer a question then make sure your content does exactly what your title alludes to. Remember, the content may be for their benefit, but it's also a reflection of you as a professional.
Here are 50 blog title examples for you to experiment with. I have placed an X where a number can be useful since people are drawn to numbered lists.
Ideas and Prompts For Problem Solving Posts
This is where you can show your readers you are going to help them solve a problem they have. You can appeal to the desire to solve a problem fast, with the least amount of effort possible.
- How to _______ Your __________ Right the First Time.
- How to Stop ___________ Today.
- You Need to __________ Before ___________ Gets Worse.
- How to Fix __________. X Secrets Revealed.
- X Brilliant Ways to Solve/Fix _______________.
- ___________. Your Problem Solved in X Easy Steps.
Title Ideas for "How To" Posts
Most people are plagued by the desire to be instant experts. It's true. What would you rather read? "10 Simple Tips to Fix a Leaky Sink" or "The War and Peace Length Guide to Fixing Your Plumbing Problem"
Let's face it, we all want answers and we want them now. Action words also work for how to's because they appeal to the readers desire to read your piece and then go do that particular thing.
Readers also want to know that they have the full and complete steps to whatever it is they want to do so great how to titles invoke both of these things.
- How to Seriously _____________.
- How to __________. An Expert Shares X Simple Tips.
- How to _________ in X Simple Steps.
- How to (make, build, create or other action word) a _________ the Easy Way.
- A Detailed Beginner's Guide to _____________.
- ___________ a Complete Guide.
- The Ultimate Guide to (build, create, whatever action word) ____________.
- Your Instant Guide to Understanding ____________.
- The Most Oustanding Hacks for _____________.
Create eye-catching graphics using your title for the best results. Most of my blog traffic comes from social media shares on Pinterest and Facebook. Not a Photoshop expert? No worries. Try free tools like Canva.
Titles that Pique Curiosity
Answer questions your readers never knew they had with these clever titles. If you use these, make sure you are actually covering new information and not common knowledge or you'll turn your readers off.
- What the Inside of __________ Really Looks Like.
- X Things You Never Knew About ____________.
- X Mind-Blowing Facts About _____________.
- The Unbelievable Truth About ___________.
- X Shocking Facts About ____________.
- X Surprising Things You Should Know About ______________.
- X Things Your ___________ Never Told You About ____________.
- Do You Know These X Interesting Things About ___________?
- X Unheard of Ways to ______________.
- Proof Positive That ___________ Really Works.
- Unbelievable Tales About _______________.
Shock Value Titles That Invoke Negative Emotions
This can be one of the more unscrupulous techniques for getting click throughs if you aren't careful. You are essentially triggering a negative reaction which you will then have to disarm.
Always do your best to put a positive spin on these posts and empower your reader so that the negative connotations of the title are replaced by a sense of gaining knowledge or bettering oneself.
Also, be aware that when you put a reader immediately on the defensive, you're likely to draw their ire and a swift and negative reaction without them ever reading the piece. Use these techniques with extreme caution.
- X Things You Do That Make You Look Ignorant About __________.
- Why You Should be Afraid of _____________.
- Why People Hate ______________.
- Are Your Guilty of ____________?
- Why You're Doing __________ Wrong and How to Fix It.
- X Reasons Why You're Wrong About _____________.
- X Mistakes You're Making and How to Fix Them.
- Why You Can't ______________.
- Embarrassed About Your _________? How to Fix It.
Feel Good Titles That Appeal to Positive Emotions
This tactic is far better for readership and loyalty than appealing to negativity or using shock tactics. These titles help your reader feel good about what they are going to click on. It appeals to the ego and/or positive emotions.
- The Happiest ___________ You'll See Today.
- Soul Satisfying Ways to _____________.
- X ___________ That Will Motivate You Today.
- Uplifting Ways to _________________.
- X Fun Facts About _______________.
- Romantic _______________ Ideas.
- X Incredible Ways You Can _____________.
Call to Action Titles and Prompts
There's a reason call to action is used in every marketing campaign under the sun. It works.
"Buy it now" & "limited time only" are used to nudge shoppers to make a purchase. You don't want to miss out, so you feel compelled to take an action. The same principles can apply to a headline when used judiciously.
- Do __________ Now Before It's Too Late.
- _____________, Let's Do It!
- Check Out This Clever Way to ____________.
- Have You ____________ Yet? X Reasons to ___________ Right Away.
- Be Among the First to _______________.
- Don't Just Sit There! Start ____________ Today.
© 2018 Christin Sander