Create movies using AVS video editor
I have always wondered about the art of making movies. Wow! what a creative field it is! While watching behind the scenes of a movie I feel that movie making is real fun which has a lot of creative thinking behind it. When I was adoring this art I happened to pass by an article which said you can make movies sitting at home. "Make movies sitting at home!".... first sounded silly but gave a spark in my mind and felt why not try making one movie sitting at home.
I needed a video, an audio and a video editor to make a movie. When I was searching for a video editor I came across the name AVS video editor. Just had a glance about the editor and found it to be very user-friendly and it didn't involve much of technical stuff. Then started to work on my goal of making a movie. At the end of the day, I had a small 4 minute movie called "Monday Blues" in my hand. Let me tell you the steps I followed in making the movie.
Steps involved in movie making using AVS video editor
- Create a story.
- Shoot a video with your camcorder. These two steps can actually be interchanged. You can either create a story and shoot a video or first shoot the video and create your story accordingly.
- Transfer the videos to your laptop. Download and install AVS Video Editor.
- Import the video to be edited to the media library of AVS video editor.
- Drag the video to the storyboard area and trim the video accordingly. You can insert text and video effects to it if you want.
- You can provide different kind of transition effects between two scenes.
- You can as well set the speed of the scene.
- Look for the audio which you want to add and import it to the media library of the AVS video editor. Make sure the audio format is supported by AVS. Drag and drop the audio at the position where you want it to play. Make sure to mute the audio in the original video (if you don't want the same original audio). I did it that way, probably you will have a more better way, I believe.
- Everything in AVS video editor is by drag and drop method. We can switch between storyboard and timeline just by a click of a button.
- After you have completed your editing, preview your movie and click the produce button to create a movie.
I created the movie "Monday Blues" by collecting different video clips from google and youtube. Edited it according to my story and uploaded it in youtube. The movie might show my inexperience, but really speaking the imperfections is also because of the excitement on making a first movie. Now it is time for you to view the video and jot down my imperfections. Also time to change your home videos into your own movie, so that later you can play back for a colorful memory.