- Internet & the Web»
- Social Networking»
Cyber security - what to be done to protect your company
Increase in attacks against small and medium scale companies
There is a steady increase in hacks and attacks focused on small and medium scale companies in recent days.
- Less security measures, no complex devices protecting them.
- No tracking or forensic mechanism to trace the hackers back.
- Most of the times the hack could go unnoticed.
- Users are not aware of cyber security.
- No international or regional standards followed to prevent specific data.
What Should be done
There are several control mechanism to be used
Preventive : This control mechanism prevents any attacks using technology or process/policies. For example, Firewalls are preventive technical control, security policies are preventive/deterrent policies.
corrective and detective : these controls should also be used , although might prove costly for SME ,selective mechanisms should be used to have basic protection.
Also for more details visit website "auditselfevaluation.com" , where you can use checklist/form to evaluate your security controls .