- Computers & Software
Serial DateTime Code
Excel Dates are Numbers
Use Excel Dates in the way you need: adding, subtracting, sorting, finding, calculating intervals, make conversions from days to year-month-days format and more.
Avoid unnecessary mystification, forget the format.
Work with Dates the same way you do with numbers.
Excel dates are numbers.
It is very simple, see below:
- 01/01/1900 is the number 1 (the minimum Date)
- 02/01/1900 is the number 2
- 31/12/9999 is the number 2,958,465 (the maximum Date)
For those who use the 1904 Date System, see below:
- 02/01/1904 is the number 1 (the minimum Date)
- 03/01/1904 is the number 2
- 31/12/9999 is the number 2,957,003 (the maximum Date)
1900 vs 1904 Date System
“…By default, Microsoft Excel for the Macintosh uses the 1904 date system. Because of the design of early Macintosh computers, dates before January 1, 1904 were not supported…”