Free Online File Sharing with Dropbox :: Free File Synchronization Tool
Free File Sync with Dropbox
Free Online File Sharing and Free File Synchronization
If you're looking for a great Free Online File Sharing and Free File Synchronization Tool, then look at Dropbox!
Dropbox.com offers a terrific free computer program that lets you Store, Synchronize and Share up to 2 GB of data.
The Dropbox software is a tiny program that runs continuously in the background on your Windows, Mac or Linux computer, as well as popular mobile devices like the iPad, iPhone, Android and Blackberry.
Free File Syncing
With Dropbox, you can sync files between multiple computers, and even with your mobile device. Dropbox sits quietly in your toolbar, syncing files as you work. If you lose your Internet connection, Dropbox will intelligently continue the file synchronization once the connection is re-established. And if you work with large files, Dropbox is smart enough to update only those parts of the file that have changed, and not the entire file.
Dropbox is a Time Machine!
Have you ever been editing a file and wished you could go back and look at that bit you deleted two days ago?
Well, with Dropbox you can go back in time and view older versions of a file, and even restore a previous version from their online file storage site!
Dropbox is Free!
Dropbox offers three levels of service:
- The free version gives you 2 GB of storage, with the ability to upgrade that up to 8 GB by referring friends
- For $9.99 per month (or $99.00 per year) you can upgrade to 50 GB of storage
- For $19.99 per month (or $199.00 per year) you get 100 GB of storage
Free File Sharing
You can also use Dropbox to share files with others, either publicly or privately.
- Need a place to store images online so that you can use them on eBay or in forum posts? Dropbox lets you create a publicly accessible folder with a unique URL that can be accessed from a web browser.
- Need to send someone a file, but your free web-based email can't send it because it's too big? Dropbox let's you create a shared folder on your computer and invite others to access it.
Dropbox is Easy!
Recently, my sister dropped her laptop and broke the screen.
The computer still worked, but it was actually cheaper to buy a new one than to fix the broken one. She gave it to me to retrieve the files for her, and I told her to set up a Dropbox account. I hooked her broken laptop to an external monitor, installed Dropbox on it and dragged her important files into a shared Dropbox folder on my account. I sent her an invitation to access the folder, and she was immediately able to access her files!
Without Dropbox, I would have had to burn a DVD or copy everything to a USB stick and then physically deliver it to her - how antiquated!
I also advised her to start using the Dropbox instead of "My Documents" - now if anything happens to her new laptop, she can access her data right away from any other computer...
Cool stuff you can do with Dropbox!
- Sync your iTunes library between your laptop and PC
- Sync your "My Documents" folder between multiple computers
- Never worry about losing that USB thumb drive - Dropbox does everything it can do, only better
- Sync your Firefox bookmarks and profile settings between multiple PCs
- Just drag-and-drop to transfer large files between computers
- Sync files between computers, or between your computer and your mobile device
Dropbox is Free Online Backup Software!
We all know that it's critical to keep our data files backed up, but how many of us actually do it on a regular basis (if at all)?
With Dropbox, it's simple and automatic!
Just use your Dropbox Documents folder instead of "My Documents" and every time you save a file, it's automatically backed up on Dropbox's servers, and you can access those files anytime, from any computer.
Dropbox is Secure
And don't worry about security - the Dropbox website is only accessible with a password, and the data on their servers is encrypted with military-grade encryption software. Transmission of your data to and from the Dropbox servers is also, encrypted.
Share the Dropbox Love!
Refer a friend and get more storage for file synchronization!
Ready to sign up? Use this link:
and we'll both get an extra 250 MB when you join Dropbox.
Once you have an account, you can do the same thing - just click the "Referrals" link at the bottom of the Dropbox homepage and refer friends via email, Facebook or Twitter!
For each successful referral you make, you and the person you refer will each get 250 MB of extra space for free file syncing and sharing, up to a max of 8 GB
Copyright © 2011, All Rights Reserved.
All images in the public domain from openclipart.org