Speed up the HTC Wildfire S and Free Internal Memory
To speed up your HTC Wildfire S. The tips I will show are the ones that don't require much work. If you want even more tips, you can check out this article on my blog.
- Enabling Animations by going to Settings, Display, Animations. This will make the phone feel faster, as it transitions nicely in and out of applications.
- Turning off predictive text by going to Settings, Language & Keyboard, Touch Input, Text Input.
- Your wallpaper. It should not be a live wallpaper, as they use up a lot of RAM and CPU Usage. I also recommend a dark wallpaper, as this will increase battery life. How about a bookshelf wallpaper? They're not that bright, static and they look cool.
- Kill background applications. You can do this by going to Settings, Applications, Running Services, and selecting force stop on applications you don't need open anymore. Please do not force stop and application if you do not know what it is.
To increase the internal memory of your HTC Wildfire S. Again, these tips are the ones that don't require much work. There is a full post of tips on my HTC Wildfire S blog.
- Clear your internet cache. Open up the HTC internet app. Press the menu button on your phone and click the "More" option at the bottom right. Select settings. Scroll down until you get to the "Privacy configuration" part of the settings. Clear all of these options:Cookie Data, Cache, History, Form Data, Location Access.
- Install 1 Click Cleaner. It is a great little app I found that will clear out the caches of all your applicatons. It will not delete your text messages, or your game saves. It just removes the temporary files of all apps.
- Install App2SD Free. This app will allow you to move applications installed on the internal memory to your SD Card. If you do install and use it, you will see that a lot of applications cannot be installed to the SD Card. To solve that, see this article.
To increase the battery life of your HTC Wildfire S. Once more, these tips are the least time consuming tips. There are many more tips that you can implement featured on my blog.
- Turn off Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth. You can do this by going to Settings and selecting the Wireless and Networks tab for Wifi and Bluetooth, and by going to the Location tab for GPS.
- Decrease the screen brightness. The screen can take up about 40% battery if you leave it at full brightness. You can decrease it by going to Settings, Display and selecting Brightness.
- Buy a bigger battery. The standard HTC Wildfire S battery is about 11 hours on heavy usage. However, a simple £10 battery upgrade can increase it to 40 hours - nearly two full days! Click here for details on this battery.
More Tips and Tricks
- HTC Wildfire S Blog - Tutorials, Rooting, Tips and Tricks
HTC Wildfire S Blog