How Important Is An Anti-Virus
In current decade the technology and internet has become approachable as never before. The computer’s price has been retarded to match up the pocket of a common man. It gives us immense pleasure to declare that even the lower middle class can have a computer at their home and they can become well aware of the buzzing internet technology. However we all have to admit that the extension of internet has prepared breeding grounds for viruses, malwares and other infections. In early days a virus was nothing but a prank by the mischievous elements but the definition has been changed lately. Now a virus can destroy the computer and can steal the identity and other crucial information from the computer. A malware can show fake infections and can prompt to purchase one thing or the other. As soon as you enter your card details to purchase it, the card details are leaked to the crooks sitting ready to empty your account. Many of us opt for a technical support from the numerous companies which promises to provide full protection and technical support but at the end of the day they are proven useless. They will subscribe you for 6 months or 1 year or even for more in some $170 or more, then after it is all about only renewing the services and purchasing add on. These companies will make money as much as they can by selling you one thing or the other everyday by promising different things. The question is that what should we do to protect out computer and other crucial details? The answer is an effective antivirus. In market countless antiviruses are available on different prices. It is all about choosing a correct antivirus which is a bit cheaper yet very effective and which can save you from viruses, malwares and possibly spywares too. We will discuss about some of the antiviruses which may prove as a boon to your computer.
1. Microsoft security essentials: If you don’t intend to spend money on the antivirus then you may not have better choice than Microsoft security essentials which is launched by Microsoft itself for its windows. It has extensive database which keeps away the viruses and spywares. It offers regular automatic updates and consumes lesser space than any other antivirus. It is available free of cost and can be downloaded from the Microsoft website.
2. Bit defender antivirus: One of the best antiviruses with the lowest price and extensive features. There are not may anti viruses which offers so many feature and very good protection in just approximately $30 for one year for 3 PC. It provides widespread security against viruses, malwares, spywares, trojans, rootkits and worms. It has anti phishing feature and its support center makes it even better. Support is available via live chat, email and over the phone. Easy to install and supports all the versions of Windows 7, Vista and XP.
3. Kaspersky antivirus: It has emerged as one of the better antiviruses lately. Though the price is on the higher side nearly $50 per year for 3 PC but it is really easy to use and good. It protects computer from viruses, malwares, spywares, trojans, rootkits and worms. It also has anti phishing feature and good support center as bit defender. It supports all versions of Vista Windows 7 and XP. The only reason to keep this antivirus after bit defender is its high price.
4. Avast antivirus: It is also an effective antivirus. It is available in $39.99 per one year for 1 PC. It provides protection against all the viruses and other infections. It is easy to install and it supports all the versions of Windows 7, Vista and XP. However, it has only phone support, no chat or email support is available.
5. AVG antivirus: It is available in $54.99 per year for 1 PC. It protects the computer from all virus, malware and spywares infections. It also provides free antivirus to the user though many features are absent from this one. It offers chat and email support.
Apart from these there are many more antiviruses which promises great security and user friendly feature like Avira antivirus, McAfee antivirus, Panda antivirus, F-secure antivirus, Webroot antivirus, Norton antivirus, Vipre antivirus, Trend micro antivirus etc.
NOTE: Please check the prices before you go for any antivirus because the prices and subject to change as per discounts, offers and other promotions.
What are the things which should be considered before choosing an antivirus?
There are many things which should be considered while purchasing or changing the antivirus. In fact choosing an antivirus should be a cautious effort as it is not only related to the computer’s health but security of data as well.
1. Price matters: When a computer is purchased ideally an antivirus is already installed. Renewing an antivirus is cheaper than purchasing a new antivirus. We can also call the customer care of relevant antivirus to know about any discounts which may be running.
2. Compatibility: Before purchasing an antivirus we should know whether the antivirus is compatible with the version of OS which is being used. One thing which may be considered is that we should not have two different antiviruses on the same computer otherwise it conflicts.
3. Updates: We should ponder that how often the internal data base of the antivirus is getting updated. As new viruses come into the picture everyday it is important to update the internal database more often.
4. Go through the customer reviews: It is prudency to consider different reviews of the different user to get an insight of the antivirus we are going to use.
5. Buy original: Never purchase a pirated version or never download a duplicate version. There is no guarantee whether it will work or not.
The cybercrime has increased drastically and so as the trials of making strong security systems. As a user we should understand the requirement of safety of the computer and data in it. No antivirus can provide 100% protection from infections. It is obvious that we are supposed to be more conscious and alert while using the internet and other media which can spread infections.
antivirus, how to, internet, security, website, prices, avast, avg, kaspersky, norton, McAfee, panda, bit defender, virus, malware, spyware, rootkit, computer, avira, infections, cybercrime, F-secure antivirus, Webroot antivirus, Norton antivirus, Vipre antivirus, Trend micro antivirus, microsoft security essentials, worms, $, attack, corrupt, data, blue screen, insecure, personal identity, crucial, important, informations, which, what, the, a, prove, discuss