- Internet & the Web
How to Block an Email Address on Yahoo! Mail
If you're anything like me, than you have 6 different email addresses. If not I'm willing to bet that you have at least two email accounts.
It's been reported that on average, a worker will spend 25 - 30 percent of their workday reading emails. Think about that. Spam is more than a nuisance, it takes time away from our personal lives.
The good news is that most of these POP email providers allow you to filter and even block addresses. Yahoo! makes it especially easy to handle these tasks.
Filtering Emails to a Folder or Trash
- Right click the message in you inbox and select "Filter Emails Like These".
- In The "Add Filter" Window, select "Trash" from the Drop Down at the Bottom OR
- In The "Add Filter" Window, select "New Folder", and name it accordingly in the box to the right.
Quickly Sort Emails already in your Inbox
4. Once you hit "Save", You'll see a message that says "Filter Applied Successfully".
5. Once the filter has been applied all future emails will be filtered, you'll still have to take care of the messages already delivered in the inbox ..... Here's how:
TIP - To quickly sort your emails , click the "FROM" button at the top, THEN click the first message you wish to filter. Then press down the "SHIFT" key, and click the last of that group.
(In my example I filtered "MakeUseOf" to a folder named creatively as "MakeUseOf". I don't want to delete these, but just tuck them away.
Then by clicking the folder icon up top, select your folder (left click) and done! You can get through a ton of emails FAST this way!
Block an Email Address on Yahoo!
To Block an address altogether is a bit trickier, but permanent and sometimes necessary. Here's how:
- Right Click the email you wish to block and select "View Full Header", to make sure you have the correct Sender's email address.
- Highlight the address where you see "Return Path" (between and without the "<" and ">" )and Right click and select "Copy".
- Go to the options menu up top (next to "sign out").
- Select "Mail Options"
- Select "Blocked Addresses" on the left
- Paste (Right click and "Paste") into the blank bar and hit the "+" sign
- That's it, your done! (but you'll still need to delete the messages in your inbox)
TIP -- sometimes the address is obvious, and you don't need to view the header at all, but be warned a lot of times, spammers will disguise themselves!