How to Change Apple ID on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
What social media do you use most on your iPhone?
Apple makes it possible to change the Apple ID you're using on either your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch through the Settings app. Changing the active Apple ID makes it possible for you to download content that account's cloud, such as music and apps, to any of these devices. However, you need to be conscious of the maximum number of devices that content can be played on/downloaded to, and you also need to be aware that in order to update a paid app or play content purchased by someone else's Apple ID, you'll need to enter the password associated with the Apple ID that app was purchased using to update that app or play that content.
- Tap "Settings" on your device's home screen.
- Tap "iTunes & App Stores" in the Settings screen. The iTunes and App Stores screen opens, and your Apple ID is displayed in the Apple ID field at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Apple ID field. An Apple ID dialog box opens with a variety of action options.
- Tap "Sign Out." You're automatically signed out of your Apple ID and you're returned to the iTunes & App Stores screen where there are now blank fields where you can enter a new Apple ID and Password.
- Enter your Apple ID and the password associated with it in the appropriate fields, then tap "Sign In." If no error messages appear and the screen closes and returns you to the iTunes & App Stores screen with the Apple ID you entered appearing in the Apple ID field at the top of the screen, then the Apple ID has been successfully changed. If you do receive an error message, tap "Cancel" and then try entering your Apple ID again, taking care to make sure you tap the correct buttons. Eventually, if you enter the correct Apple ID but the incorrect password, you'll be locked out of your account and you'll need to contact Apple Support to unlock it.