How to Change Facebook Profile Picture on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
While changing your Facebook profile picture through the Facebook website on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch isn't possible, you can change your profile picture through the Facebook native app on these devices in a few quick taps. You can select any photo from your Facebook photo library, crop it and then set it as your profile picture. You can initiate this process through the app's menu.
Which social media option do you use most on your Apple device?
Changing Facebook Profile Picture on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Install the Facebook app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch from the App Store. The official Facebook app has Facebook, Inc listed as the developer.
- Tap to open the Facebook app on your device, then sign in to your Facebook account.
- Swipe from left to right across the screen to reveal a menu on the left side of the app.
- Scroll down the menu until you arrive at the Apps section. Tap "Photos" in this section.
- Tap to open the photo you want to set as your profile picture.
- Hold your finger against the picture to open a fly-up menu from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap "Make Profile Picture." A grid appears around the picture.
- Tap your finger against the corners of the picture, then pull them in to crop the picture as it will appear as your profile picture. Don't worry; the cropping only affects how the picture appears as your profile picture and doesn't edit how the picture appears in your photos.
- Tap the blue check mark icon in the lower right corner of the screen after you're done adjusting the crop markers. A message appears in the middle of the picture that says "Setting Profile Picture," and a few seconds later a message appears that says "Profile Picture Changed."
- Tap "Done." View your account to see your new profile picture.