- Consumer Electronics & Personal Gadgets»
- Portable Electronics»
How to Factory Reset Coby Kyros
Various problems such as a frozen screen, calibration issues, an unstable operating system and problems with the apps can become present over time in your Coby Kyros tablet. If forcing the device to restart or uninstalling recently-installed apps doesn't resolve your problem, restoring your tablet to its original factory settings can often resolve your problem. However, before restoring your Coby Kyros tablet to its original factory settings, back up any personal information or files on the device, as restoring the factory settings does erase all of your personal information and any files you installed on the device, and reverts the device to its settings as of the day you took it out of the box.
Steps for Restoring Coby Kyros to Factory Settings
- Disconnect your Coby Kyros from the computer if it's connected.
- Tap the "Settings" app on the Coby Kyros home screen. The app looks like a silver gear with a Pac-Man shadow in the middle of it. Additionally, there is an up-pointing arrow at the top of the gear. The Settings window displays on the tablet.
- Tap "Privacy." You'll see options that include Privacy Settings and Personal Data, but Factory Data Reset will appear beneath them in a larger font.
- Tap "Factory Data Reset" at the next screen. A warning appears on the next screen reminding you that performing a factory data reset for your device erases all of the personal content on your tablet's hard drive, such as apps, contact information and e-mail accounts that are set up. ontent on a MicroSD card that's inserted in your Coby Kyros at the time of the factory reset.
- Tap "Reset Device" at the bottom of the window.
- Connect the Coby Kyros to your computer using the USB cable that came with the tablet. If your tablet isn't recognized by the computer, try connecting the cable to a different USB port. If the device still isn't recognized by your computer, disconnect the USB cable from the computer, unplug any other non-essential USB devices from the computer and then restart the computer. Connect the USB cable to the computer again. At this point, the device should be recognized. Another warning appears on the Coby Kyros screen reminding you that proceeding with the factory data reset will erase all of the personal information from the device.
- Tap "Erase Everything." The tablet's display will cycle through the Coby and Android logos, and then eventually restart and boot up to a menu and you'll be forced to calibrate the tablet.
- Place the tablet's stylus in the center of the calibration icon and keep the stylus in the center of the icon as it moves around the screen. After calibrating the device you'll be able to use the device as your normally would. However, because your old settings were erased, consider connecting the Coby Kyros to a Wi-Fi network before doing anything else.